• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Opinions on snap in seadek

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m about to buy a 2019 212 Limited S and was a little disappointed to see that they no longer have the snap in seadek like they offered in 17/18. I had stick on seadek in my sx210 and loved it. I like the idea of the snap in so that if a mat gets damaged or you want to remove them for any reason it’s super easy to just unsnap. For those that have them what’s you opinion? Any reason to go with the stick on versus the snap in?

Some that have snap in seadek say it’s awesome and they love it. To me, water would still get under it and would stink and need to be removed to dry out occasionally just like carpet. We’ve used our boat last few years with carpet removed. Never had issues with stepping on snaps. If we’re going out to dinner and no water sports or anything sometimes I’ll put the carpet in since no chance it will get wet. Glue down is the way to go we just haven’t done it (yet). Really hope it becomes an option or standard from the factory for the glue down option.

The snap in Seadek looks great. Anyone know what a full set of that cost for a newer 18-19 boat?

I got the snap in from Cycle Spring here in Tampa. I like it more thenthe stick down. Ive seen some of the edges peal up a little from being in the good FL sun all the time.

Thanks guys! I have the stick down and love it but have slight shrinkage which left a 1/4” ring of black residue which took forever to clean and didn’t come off completely. I also had major shrinkage on a couple mats and replacing them was a pain in the arse. Seadek was awesome about replacing them but PITA nonetheless.

Do you find the snap on seadek to move or be slippery at all? Does it mold or mildew under them at all?

The snap in Seadek looks great. Anyone know what a full set of that cost for a newer 18-19 boat?
You can find it online for a little over $1k shipped. I negotiated to be able to purchase it at dealer cost which was still over $800. I know it’s more than stick on but I see so many advantages but that’s why I wanted to hear other opinions. I figured there must have been a reason Yamaha switched away from them for 2019.

Thanks guys! I have the stick down and love it but have slight shrinkage which left a 1/4” ring of black residue which took forever to clean and didn’t come off completely. I also had major shrinkage on a couple mats and replacing them was a pain in the arse. Seadek was awesome about replacing them but PITA nonetheless.

Do you find the snap on seadek to move or be slippery at all? Does it mold or mildew under them at all?
Mine dont move at all. I take it out a few times a year and clean under them really good

You can find it online for a little over $1k shipped. I negotiated to be able to purchase it at dealer cost which was still over $800. I know it’s more than stick on but I see so many advantages but that’s why I wanted to hear other opinions. I figured there must have been a reason Yamaha switched away from them for 2019.

Snap in I like to have the ability to remove them for the dogs, while doing oil changes, loading things in the boat like bikes when going on trips. I do need to use a chapstick applicator on the snaps to keep them from sticking due to salt water corrosion. For cleaning you can un snap and wipe along the perimeter edge and any debri just wipes clean.

I have the PSA backed sea deck. I can see the advantage of the snap in type. Exactly what Cambo was saying, Maint, dogs ect.. In addition if you have every removed seadeck you know what a major pain it can be.

So do you just call local dealer and ask for snap in deck. I have 2015 AR240 and I notice the flooring in cockpit in rear is different shape.

I've had both, glue down >>>>> snap down. Snaps are a nice concept, but really not. Gets scuzzy underneath, harder to clean, and more susceptible to damage.

Back