• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ordering Marine Mat?

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I know Sea Dek and Marine Mat are awesome products. I understand that this forum arranges for group discounts with Sea Deck/Jet Pilot. My 2020 Yamaha SX 195 already has Marine Mat factory installed on the two swim platforms. The factory installed woven mat floor mats for the cockpit and bow areas are hot as H3ll - can't walk barefoot on them in the sun after about 15 minutes. Not sure how Yamaha missed this? Anyway, after reading too many concerns about "stick-down" decking coming loose I noticed on the Marine Mat website that they offer snap-in decking that matches the Yamaha OEM decking. Two questions: First, does Sea Dek offer snap-in decking and if yes, do they have a color that matches the factory (titanium color) from Yamaha? Second, if Sea Dek does not have a matching product has anyone approached Marine Mat for a group discount? If the answers are no - would I have permission to approach Marine Mat to request a group discount for this Forum's members -or- would one of the forum leaders be interested in doing so? I don't want to "step on any toes" - just asking!

I'll help with the answer I know. Sea Dek does not offer snap in mats.

I'll help with the answer I know. Sea Dek does not offer snap in mats.
@Beachbummer thanks for that information n- now I know it will have to be Marine Mat for me as I definitely want the snap-in option. For anyone interested if you google the Marine Mat website you will see they have most of the Yamaha boats already templated and you can buy snap-in (more expensive) or stick-down.******BTW If you are replacing factory carpet with another snap-in deck type product I would order the mats WITHOUT the snaps installed by the supplier as the aftermarket snap locations will probably NOT line-up with the factory snap locations. I would order the snaps loose (shipped in a bag) from the supplier and install the snaps myself on-site.

I really like the product and the idea, but the snap in are $960 for my SX230. a little more than I am willing to pay. It's carpet still for me but I keep my eyes peeled for an alternative. I also am in the very small team of not a fan of glue down for the whole boat, specially for my SX230 because of the exposed screws the shape covers a little less.

I really like the product and the idea, but the snap in are $960 for my SX230. a little more than I am willing to pay. It's carpet still for me but I keep my eyes peeled for an alternative. I also am in the very small team of not a fan of glue down for the whole boat, specially for my SX230 because of the exposed screws the shape covers a little less.
@Beachbummer - agree 100% to be wary of stick-down unless very specific prep is done. Even then there can be problems after a couple of seasons. Having snaps does not prevent using a stick-down. The "male" snaps can be removed from your deck and filled with gel coat or 3M 4000 or 5200....still I too am not a fan of any stick-down. Yes, agree the Marine Mat snap-in is very expensive. I wish I had the "old fashioned" carpet which I never had heating problems with, stains maybe but at least you could walk on it! My 2020 SX195 has some kind of woven mat - it might be some kind of politically correct recycled plastic because you simply can not walk on it once the sun has been on it for 15 minutes....and we don't live in the southern U.S.A. - I can only imagine what the stuff must be like there. Hate having to wear flip flops because of the woven mat......really surprised Yamaha did not test this first.

Yep I'm going with the snap in marine mats for the cockpit for sure. $840 for my 195. Think I'm going to do the black granite for top color with red as the bottom color. Going to ask for a sample of both first before I commit. Want to see how true red the color is and how they look together. Will get around to getting matching swim deck marine mat probably next year. My swim deck factory stuff is not in the best shape anyway.

Can you send link and did you get snaps with or plan to install the snaps to match layout?

Can you send link and did you get snaps with or plan to install the snaps to match layout?
Just go to their website, they offer stick down or snap down with the snaps already installed (which is a couple hundred bucks more). Can pick from a variety of colors and designs, they already have the templates for Yamaha boats. Can even add any custom writing/designs you would choose to do

I did. Saw the cost for cockpit 960 then the extra 330 for snaps and decided against it. Def something I want to do as I agree the carpet gets HOT. But didn’t want to spend that much.

I did. Saw the cost for cockpit 960 then the extra 330 for snaps and decided against it. Def something I want to do as I agree the carpet gets HOT. But didn’t want to spend that much.
Ya I don't really want to either...lmao. I am going to wait for the JBP sea dek 30% off deal and see what the price is with that deal first I think. Just going to rock with the carpet for the remainder of this season, and make this a winter project

Yep I'm going with the snap in marine mats for the cockpit for sure. $840 for my 195. Think I'm going to do the black granite for top color with red as the bottom color. Going to ask for a sample of both first before I commit. Want to see how true red the color is and how they look together. Will get around to getting matching swim deck marine mat probably next year. My swim deck factory stuff is not in the best shape anyway.
Interested to see how that looks when you're done...interesting colour choice.
:cool:
FYI - for those who don't know, Marine Mat is the supplier to Yamaha.

Have the stock marine mat that came with my 2017 212 ltsd it has held up extremely well. The trim woven boarded has faded but I contacted marine mat and they stated that was a known issue which they have resolved by now.

Interested to see how that looks when you're done...interesting colour choice.
:cool:
FYI - for those who don't know, Marine Mat is the supplier to Yamaha.
Ya with the color scheme of the '18 195 I figured that would look pretty damn good!

@Crob83 and @Yeary4 .....I looked at pictures of the factory carpet snap positions in my 2020 SX195 and they are different from where the snaps look like they have been installed my boat's sistership the 195S which has the full Marine Mat coverage of stern, cockpit and bow from the Yamaha factory. Based on that if I order the matching Marine Mat I will tell them to NOT install the female snaps (but send them loose in a bag) so I can place them where the male snaps have already been installed on the floor of my boat at the factory. This will be far easier than moving my male snaps to fit where the Marine Mat snaps appear to be in the 195S......am I making sense?

Back