• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Our new 2020 195S

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So finally took delivery yesterday of our baby. We are in love. Haven't finished break in period yet so didn't reach full potential yet. Bought it at 2 minutes on hour meter (said 0.00). Put in water for test drive with dealer. Idle for 15 minutes, variable up to 5000rpm is for 1.5 hours. We only got it to 1.1 hours. So still got some break in to do before we can open up. However, still in love. Sooooooo I got some pics. Crappy cell phone shots under bright a$$ sun, but you get it.

Hadn't even seen a truck yet. Rigged and ready.

Love the mooring lights. Look great and match gorgeously to trim. Tested last night in driveway and they are quite bright.

That brand new gelcoat shine. Gotta admit I wasn't 100% on the gray, but I sure love it now.

No flashy colors or graphics. Just a clean and simple Yamaha Badge to match the trim.

Sea Deck on both swim platform levels. Our first experience with this stuff, and it's awesome. Love it.

Hello beautiful sand bar feature. Fusion deck mounted on lower swim platform.

Yamaha guys can't appreciate this shot, but it's coming from i/O ooohhh this view is amazing. The wife and I both caught ourselves walking around the non existent outdrive many times. This view is priceless to us.

Simple classy badge on the tower. The only place in the boat that says 195S. Love that is not plastered down the side in graphics. Dealer says the tower is "beefier" then an AR version, but he probably just talking. I can't see them making different towers for different boats 🤔

Coated matching windshield frame I love. Our old boat was that ugly anodized aluminum that ends up looking like water spotted gray junk.

A peek inside the bow from standing on the trailer. Gorgeous matching snap in carpet.

Supercharged beauty

Helm view. Steering wheel is great with tilt. Typical yamaha switches. Not much new to you guys here. To me though..... Yaaasssss. I got a cup holder I can reach. Yaaasssss. Connext is a great system to me. Screen is super easy to navigate and see. It is 7"

Turn them hats backwards we Ballin. Testing no wake mode. Love that feature as around me we have alot of no wake zone creeks. At 5mph the wake was non existent. Our old boat we could barely Crack 3 mph without getting in trouble.

Does have maps with dealer said 16 points you can add he thinks. I'll look into this more. We hardly use way points though. I do wish this zoomed in more (this is all the way of view though). Coming from Garmin GPS on the old boat this is basic, but hardly ever used Garmin anyway. So having this in dash screen is great.

Time to take her home. She pulled good. About the same as our old boat. Maybe a touch lighter. Felt like we had her a little too high up on roller (added tounge weight), but pulled 70-75mph home for 2.5 hours no worries.

Here's a shot of the 2020 jet. Good thing I didn't buy lateral thrusters. They come built in

That's all I got for now. I'll edit this with more pics later. Need to grab some cabin shots and storage shots

Last edited:

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat! Congrats!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really nice looking boat. Congrats on the purchase and delivery.

How do you like the Traverse towing it? Wife had a Traverse when we got our 190, and I always felt it was slightly underpowered. Chassis was pretty dang good, but the engine left something to be desired. Of course we lost the timing chain tensioner a few months later, so it probably wasn't the best test for it. It was FWD as well, and didn't have enough traction to get anywhere, so the ramp was fun the few times we took it. Traded for a NIssan Rogue. Miss the 3rd row already, and the ceiling mounted DVD for the boys.

Looks like there are a ton of "little" changes on that boat. Blower is mounted lower. Scupper drain is on Starboard side (port on mine). Overall the look is REALLY good for a 19ft in that price range IMO.

Tower looks VERY similar to mine. Not sure how much beefier it is, but it does have a larger bottom section (where the 195s is), and an additional fore/aft brace on each side.

The powdercaoted pieces are really nice touches too.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chrome horn cover and those mooring lights are standard? I want those on my 18, 210!

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love it, love the clean look as you pointed out. Best of Luck!!!!!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Really nice looking boat. Congrats on the purchase and delivery.

How do you like the Traverse towing it? Wife had a Traverse when we got our 190, and I always felt it was slightly underpowered. Chassis was pretty dang good, but the engine left something to be desired. Of course we lost the timing chain tensioner a few months later, so it probably wasn't the best test for it. It was FWD as well, and didn't have enough traction to get anywhere, so the ramp was fun the few times we took it. Traded for a NIssan Rogue. Miss the 3rd row already, and the ceiling mounted DVD for the boys.

Looks like there are a ton of "little" changes on that boat. Blower is mounted lower. Scupper drain is on Starboard side (port on mine). Overall the look is REALLY good for a 19ft in that price range IMO.

Tower looks VERY similar to mine. Not sure how much beefier it is, but it does have a larger bottom section (where the 195s is), and an additional fore/aft brace on each side.

The powdercaoted pieces are really nice touches too.
We LOOOVVEEE our Traverse. This is a 2011 bought new. We baby him as well. It's my wife's daily. This is the LTZ version. So it has V6 Engine and Full time AWD. It pulls awesome. However, gas mileage rising the boat is bad. Not horrible, but a full tank goes quick. He is old so that has something to do with it. Other then that it is great for boating. Planning to buy a new one probably soon, or maybe go to the Tahoe instead.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Chrome horn cover and those mooring lights are standard? I want those on my 18, 210!
They are standard on this 195S. Not sure what other models, but probably the 212s and 242s have them. Mooring lights are quite bright I was surprised. I plan to add a LED light bar to front of tower as well down the road to fully light up the night creek if needed

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We LOOOVVEEE our Traverse. This is a 2011 bought new. We baby him as well. It's my wife's daily. This is the LTZ version. So it has V6 Engine and Full time AWD. It pulls awesome. However, gas mileage rising the boat is bad. Not horrible, but a full tank goes quick. He is old so that has something to do with it. Other then that it is great for boating. Planning to buy a new one probably soon, or maybe go to the Tahoe instead.
We had a 2010 high option LT. It was OK, but not great. Wife liked it, said it felt narrower than our '03Yukon (was actually about 1in wider). I wasn't a fan. Didn't really do anything bad, just always felt like a compromise when I drove it.

Glad you guys enjoy yours though. Sure looks sharp pulling the new boat!

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat...wife and I like the new 2020 "s" model colour schemes too - has a nice clean look. For the Maps, I was told by the dealer you can have the memory card map data updated for your area or zone, like south east US for Florida area and gulf, north east for the great lakes, etc. Once you get your zone installed, you should be able to zoom in a lot closer for details such as depths, obstructions like rocks, shoals, marina locations, etc. The default maps are just basic and cover all of the US or NA. Map data is from Navionics and you should get a year of free updates. Not sure if the dealer will need to activate it or if the card is already set to go. If so, you can create an account online and update the map data yourself and download directly to your memory card. The card is in a slot covered with a rubber door in the back of the Connext system accessed through the helm door.

How do you like the jet boat handling?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat...wife and I like the new 2020 "s" model colour schemes too - has a nice clean look. For the Maps, I was told by the dealer you can have the memory card map data updated for your area or zone, like south east US for Florida area and gulf, north east for the great lakes, etc. Once you get your zone installed, you should be able to zoom in a lot closer for details such as depths, obstructions like rocks, shoals, marina locations, etc. The default maps are just basic and cover all of the US or NA. Map data is from Navionics and you should get a year of free updates. Not sure if the dealer will need to activate it or if the card is already set to go. If so, you can create an account online and update the map data yourself and download directly to your memory card. The card is in a slot covered with a rubber door in the back of the Connext system accessed through the helm door.

How do you like the jet boat handling?
That's awesome. I'm definitely gonna have to look into the maps thing. It does seem ours is the whole United States. Thank you for that tip I'm gonna look into it. Here's a shot of as close as I can zoom in. Not bad honestly, but would love to go further in and have depths and obstructions like I'm used to with Garmin.

The handling isn't nearly as bad as I was thinking it would be from reading everyone's complaints. However, I really only got to test it with dealer and it was still in break in period. So I couldn't go over 5000 rpm which was 11mph. My Cobra Jet system came in yesterday. So that got installed. Today was first actual Maiden voyage. In the no wake areas the steering is night and day with the Cobra. It tracks gorgeously. At speed the steering is tight, but easy to steer. I'm just in love with the whole boat. Here's a sand bar shot.

Mike P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for the great info. Looking at buying one next month. Does the tower fold down easily? Trying to see if I can squeeze it in my garage. Also, can’t find this info anywhere: does it need premium gas or is regular ok? Thanks!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the great info. Looking at buying one next month. Does the tower fold down easily? Trying to see if I can squeeze it in my garage. Also, can’t find this info anywhere: does it need premium gas or is regular ok? Thanks!
190 is 87 regular and 195 is 93 premium.

Tower is easy to fold down but a bit heavy and I don't think it's counterbalance weighted, Not stock but the tower can be easily modified to fit in a standard 7' garage opening. I have a video and thread on here how to do it.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
190 is 87 regular and 195 is 93 premium.
Not sure if that was a typo?
The SVHO 1.8l engines recommend 91 octane rating for optimal performance according to Yamaha - check the 195 series manuals.

The ECU will compensate if you use 87-89 octane by adjusting spark, but performance will be less and you may experience detonation issues in the form of audible ping/knock. Using a higher octane rating in an engine that has not been designed or modified to adjust spark for proper combustion, is a waste of money. Same goes for cars and trucks, using higher octane does not really get you more power or better fuel economy, it just costs more to drive.

Just FYI:

The term "Octane" or "High Octane" is commonly misunderstood to mean more power (marketing materials often suggest it means more power so it's not really misunderstood - oil companies are happy to take more of your money for nothing). But in fact, higher octane reduces combustibility and retards detonation (the fuel burn is slightly slower) so that high compression and high revving engines designed to use it can produce more energy on the 3rd power stroke of a 4-stroke engine. If your vehicle calls for 87, use 87. If it calls for 91, then use 91. Using higher octane rated fuel does not really do much for engines designed to use lower octane fuels. Might as well throw cash into the wind...or the pockets of oil companies...

Having said that, higher octane fuels may have more detergents and cleaners (top tier fuels) which may help miles per gallon rates and tiny HP gains. But since the fuel costs much more to buy, the fuel economy rating is offset - so again you're spending more for less.

Just stick to buying the right octane fuel at top tier gas stations, and you'll be at optimum levels all the time.

:winkingthumbsup"

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tower isn't that bad. Simply unscrew the mounts and fold it down. I do it alone alot. Not hard. Easier with someone holding it for you, but totally possible alone. Boat runs on premium not regular gas. Either 91 or 93 depending which is available in your area. It's a 40 gallon tank.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No not really meant as a typo as in my state you would have to run 93 for an AR195 simply because there is no 91 here. You get 87 regular, 89 mid grade and 93 premium in my state. To answer his question, yes you need to run premium (whatever premium octane grade is in your area) for SVHO engine.

Tower is definitely doable as a one man job. That's how I did it 95% of the time I had the boat. Just make sure you don't cross thread the bolts and make sure it's properly aligned before installing the bolts. I had one side that always required to be adjusted at the tower base before installing the screw and I would also apply the same pressure when unscrewing it. Mine might have not been quite lined up at the factory.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat! Are the lateral thrusts new in 2020?

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No not really meant as a typo as in my state you would have to run 93 for an AR195 simply because there is no 91 here. You get 87 regular, 89 mid grade and 93 premium in my state. To answer his question, yes you need to run premium (whatever premium octane grade is in your area) for SVHO engine.
Really...didn't realize some states have different octane levels for "premium". So much for standards...
🤪

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful boat! Are the lateral thrusts new in 2020?
Yamaha changed the reverse bucket in 2019 to give more lateral thrust. Apparently they work well enough that aftermarket upgrade is not necessary.

In 2017 they added the Articulating Keel (AK) feature that adds off-power steering and better slow speed control.