• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Out on the Water!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually got out on the water today for a bit. Ran around, gassed up, and put in these:

20150314_171602.jpg

(pardon the dirt on the seat)

For those of you attempting this at home, the grill on the stock speakers rotates and pulls right off, revealing:
20150314_171614.jpg

Zip those 4 screws out and out comes the speaker. Unplug (noting the + and -). The blade sizes do not match on the Polks, so I got creative by sticking the blade between the insulation and the connector--which was much tighter than putting the blade on the connector. Someday I may go back and clean that up.

Anyway, then put the new ones in. The screw holes match perfectly. Done in 15 min for a pair. I did all of them.

Did I mention I got out on the lake? Yeah, I thought I did. Anyway, I didn't take pictures of that out of sympathy for those who have snow and ice on the ground.

But it was fun.

Those look great @tdonoughue. I love mine too, they were a huge improvement over the torn up stock speakers that I had.

Awesome! I'm seeing more and more boats hitting the water here. That and Spring Breakers. But I'm still about 2-3 weeks away from launching my boat. Not quite warm enough just yet.

Also, I installed these speakers in my Jeep. They're awesome.

Back