• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Overheat, and No water out of pee hole

Mota

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all!

Long time lurker, sad this is my first post. I did not want to post this on the "on water help" forum , we are safe and off the water now.

long story short, sucked up a bunch of Milfoil like weeds (long and stringy), Port overheated, and quickly shut down.

--then towed in-

We have cleaned out ports/pump/shaft/impeller and water inlet screen clean ( visually in water). I could have filled a 5 Gal. bucket with both Port & Strbd.

Let Port cool down about an hour, start up, ECU tosses an overheat code again (will pull both Batt. to restet codes) , no water out Port pisser after 20 sec of idle.

Pisser may be blocked and will try to cear with zip tie or something, I guess my only question is: If no water comes out of the pisser, and the hole is not blocked...

I put the boat on the trailer, take off the water inlet cover/strainer, and clean out any debris? Don't think I should do in the water.

Any thoughts?

What you removed probably took care of the issue. Milfoil can’t easily get into the actual cooling system. On the hose, water may not come out of the pee holes at idle. Depending on your water pressure, you likely need to rev the engines for a second to get water to come out. Most of the water will be exiting the water box and outlet by the pump.

Engine on- water on- bump throttle and look for brief pee stream- let idle for several minutes with no overheat - water off -engine off and you are good to move on without a worry.

What you removed probably took care of the issue. Milfoil can’t easily get into the actual cooling system. On the hose, water may not come out of the pee holes at idle. Depending on your water pressure, you likely need to rev the engines for a second to get water to come out. Most of the water will be exiting the water box and outlet by the pump.

Engine on- water on- bump throttle and look for brief pee stream- let idle for several minutes with no overheat - water off -engine off and you are good to move on without a worry.

boat is in water ATM, I understand what your putting down as far as "on the hose", just worried there is debeis somewhere, because if she pee's, i can check her temperature ;).

thanks for the response, I apreciate it, its late out her in Parker, AZ, gonna attack this tomorrow.

-Cheers

@Mota I think most of the recommendations will get you to a happiness state, but just a heads up, most of our boats and many of the members on this forum, don’t see water flow exiting out of the pee holes when using a hose for cooling.

I apreciate the input, but my problem is not pissing "on the hose". Working on the boat in the water ATM. Whelp, had my Bailey's and coffee, gonna rest the ECM, to get rid of overheat code, and go from there.

Thanks

Sweet, got it! Port pisser is working fine now.

Odd thing though, I disconnected both Batt. (thought it would reset the "port overheating" code) it did not. Does anyone have a better way to clear codes on a 2018 Yamaha?

Thanks

got it, had to run it for 5 min. turn off wait 30 sec. start up cleared the code.

i wsh there was an easy way to clear codes on new Yamaha's :confused:

so, how do you clear codes on a 2016 242.....the same procedure? Thanks in advance!

I wanted to add my recent experience on my 2019 212 limited s.
I ran into some extreme shallow water in a damn idle zone...had no issues and the day went smooth.
Because I can not seem to keep my hands off my boat I decided to clean it again, for no particular reason...
I read in multiple areas, including my book, about adding a little throttle while cleaning it with the hose AND that leveling the trailer would also help as far as peeing went. Did all that, no pee and along with the idle up (2000-2500ish) I also got a "high temp see dealer" warning.
From my het ski experience I ran to the lake and ran it and the engine code came on again so I turn off turned batteries and fired her back up and ran her for 30 minuters with no issues.
I didn't listen but now I know, she wont pee on my hose.......lmao. I also will ignore my owners manual and just let it idle when on my hose.

The pee hole is small, and the water pressure escapes to the water pump strainer instead unless the hose is very powerful. The routing from the freshwater hose is a little different from one side to the other because the hose inlet is on opposing sides, but the pumps are identical.

I have tow valves due to having to flush in water sometimes. You can see the increased power of the pisser when using the tow valves.

Don't sweat it. Enjoy your boat!!!

The pee hole is small, and the water pressure escapes to the water pump strainer instead unless the hose is very powerful. The routing from the freshwater hose is a little different from one side to the other because the hose inlet is on opposing sides, but the pumps are identical.

I have tow valves due to having to flush in water sometimes. You can see the increased power of the pisser when using the tow valves.

Don't sweat it. Enjoy your boat!!!
What do they run as a pump because I have seen steam cone from the pee hole once from the one that doesn’t put the water out and the engine that is next to the hole is the one that does pee so figured the one further away wouldn’t pee

The pump inlet is on the outer sleeve of the boats impeller. Between the impeller speed and water pressure there is plenty of water while the boat is running.

The pump inlet is on the outer sleeve of the boats impeller. Between the impeller speed and water pressure there is plenty of water while the boat is running.
So there isn’t a water pump impeller to replace it all runs off the jet

Apart from the removal of the strainer and 4 bolts is there any other part that blocks or can there be a bent fin anywhere

It's not very complex. The hose has an "S" on the way in... And that's it.

(The valve is my addition and not original.)

Attachments

• 16410740090661692930840412652539.jpg
    16410740090661692930840412652539.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
Back