• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

P1615 in Limp Mode

Barry Ceci

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My 2017 Scarab 195 with Rotax 4-TEC goes into Limp Mode displaying fault code P1615 when the engine reaches 6000 rpm. Engine light pops on. Turning the engine off resets Limp but cycle repeats. Researching fault code suggests throttle actuator issue. Anyone have experience solving this?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I've been monitoring a lot of Scarab issues for multiple years, that's a new one here. I also searched the Facebook group, not a single hit. So this is very rare and yes, throttle body issue. From a random sea-doo forum, someone had this and replaced their throttle body which solved it. Please report back once you know what happens.

Barry Ceci

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I've been monitoring a lot of Scarab issues for multiple years, that's a new one here. I also searched the Facebook group, not a single hit. So this is very rare and yes, throttle body issue. From a random sea-doo forum, someone had this and replaced their throttle body which solved it. Please report back once you know what happens.

Barry Ceci

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks Luc,
I'm planning to tear into the throttle control this morning. Since the Limp Mode trigger occurs at a specific engine speed, 6000 rpm, it may be a bad spot on the rotary transducer. I'll let you know.
Barry

Barry Ceci

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Luc,
I'm attempting to remove the throttle on my Scarab 195. Appears I need to remove the side panel but I'm unable to discover the trick on how to do this. Must be a fastner or two holding it in place but they are not obvious. Any suggestions?
Barry

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
No idea on that one. Sorry. Each boat is different and I don't have the 195. There are a lot of people here that may know: Scarab Jet boats | Facebook

If you have Facebook, it's probably a good way to get quick feedback on that one.