• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pee Holes

Brian 232

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Esteemed Sages,
Today we took our '06 SX230 HO out for an afternoon of floating. We go about a mile down river and anchor, float for a few hours, then the mile back to the trailer. When we got back to the trailer I heard a hissing as my wife drove the boat onto the trailer. I walked to the Starboard side and there was pressurized steam coming from the pee holes (no water streams at all). It was both sets. Any thoughts on what I should look for?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Esteemed Sages,
Today we took our '06 SX230 HO out for an afternoon of floating. We go about a mile down river and anchor, float for a few hours, then the mile back to the trailer. When we got back to the trailer I heard a hissing as my wife drove the boat onto the trailer. I walked to the Starboard side and there was pressurized steam coming from the pee holes (no water streams at all). It was both sets. Any thoughts on what I should look for?
did you open the engine bay and check for leaks/disconnected hoses?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
you need to test the lines, since its an older boat there could be calcite build up in your cooling lines/hoses. I never did this but i saw some post like blow it up with compressed air.

And check kinks in hoses that could block flow.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you have overheat light on the dash?

probably sucked up trash in the impeller and it reduced cooling water intake

check to see if there clear then run on the hose to see if it overheats or take it back to the lake and run it

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you watched buckbucks cooling water video?

kjr6306

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Both sets? Since both engines operate independently, I don't think you would have the same issue with both at the exact same time...