• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Perfect Pass install party

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So this weekend we had our perfect pass installs on @sstegh and our boat. Everything went smooth until it got to the point on Sstegh boat when we had to find power. Minor issue but that is for the perfect pass install thread. Mine went on with little issues. So we get to the point where we are going to test. Let me just say alot of character building was happening here. We are headed to the river and a storm cell is over us. Looks like we might miss it but it was still looming. Get to the ramp with both boats and I get mine ready to splash. While getting it ready the rain starts. Have trouble starting the port engine so I had to adjust the throttle cable a bit. Get the motors started and I make a judgement call to put in the water anyway. I was anxious to see perfect pass work so off we went. @mattschepker got in the boat with me as company and off we went. I have a few adjustments I need to do but not to bad for the first time out. Go back to the trailer to put on and since we are in a river I hit the trailer a little off, So I get ready to align and power on and @007 tells me to back off as I knocked off one of my bunk boards! ( original bunk boards ) So I nose up to the ramp to drop off tools so @Boat Crazy 007, and @jcyamahariders wife can fix the bunk board so I can atleast get the boat on the trailer. Keep in mind it is raining and lightning the whole while we are doing this. Meanwhile out on the water I am doing things like checking oil, adjusting throttle linkages, and listening to some tunes, I notice the trailer is back in the water so I fire up the motors and yep something in the impeller. Get that out and off to the ramp to load the boat. Get it on the trailer and out of the water with no more issues. Time for Scott to test......nope. He is smarter then myself. All in all a successful test but plenty of stuff to laugh at. Never a dull moment with our group of friends. Also thanks to @sx210owner and wife for stopping by.

Luckily all came out unscathed! @jcyamahariders wife did some quick thinking and we didn't have to use @sstegh 's duct tape to hold it all together! Nothing like a thunderstorm and everyone scrambling for tools to engineer a boat ramp repair while you were dodging logs in the river.

@007 we both had the same idea ! Glad we were all there to lend a hand during our craziness ! Never a dull moment in our group !

Reactions: 007
We had a great time and I'm glad @jcyamaharider had the chance to test his PP install, he's got more balls than I do for sure! It was good to see everyone again I'm looking forward to the spring cruise. Lets get that thread started!

I can't thank Jerry enough for his help on the install. If he wasn't there to talk sense into me I'm sure I would have pulled out what little hair I have left. Thank you to @Boat Crazy too. I am a little too ummm, thick, to squeeze behind the helm so I was having trouble mounting the PP controller. He was able to fold himself up somehow to fit in there and drilled a couple of holes to get it done.

And to think that all this craziness and fun times all started with guys and gals getting together because of a Forum. Who watta thunk? Had a great day guys and gals.

That's great! So the outcome of this was... a fun day on the water and some stories to tell?

I get really anxious when there is lightning because of all the friction that boats create when they travel through water. Seems I make a majority of my poor judgement calls when there is weather afoot.

That's great! So the outcome of this was... a fun day on the water and some stories to tell?

I get really anxious when there is lightning because of all the friction that boats create when they travel through water. Seems I make a majority of my poor judgement calls when there is weather afoot.

Exactly! And many memories with good friends for a life time!

It would not be any fun if it was easy.

Back