• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Perfect pass problems

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2014 ar192 i purchased used this year. It has perfect pass. I have to throttle way past the set speed and let it slowly settle back to the set speed. I'm talking 8-10 mph past speed. Not great for wakeboarding. If I go a couple mph over set speed it immediately starts slowing down and tells me to give more throttle. Is this caused by the throttle slip? Thanks for any advice.

Your perfect pass cable might be binding. Check the throttle cable to make sure it moves freely and is not zip tied to tightly to something.

I'm sorry I can't help more but my PP has been perfect and not has not given me any problems in years,

isn't there a setting to control how sensitive it is?

If you can't find anything easily call PP, they were always very helpful over the phone with other members questions,

Yep @Scottintexas , the KDW. If it is set too high it will react more or less depending on the number.

I did tests that the manual suggests. Noticed while manually turning the servo with throttle half engaged, would decelerate fine but would hardly increase throttle at all. can't see binding anywhere.

@Pinhacker71 i agree with @Scottintexas call Perfect Pass and they'll help you diagnose it over the phone. Their customer service is second to none. I had an issue mid vacation where my GPS antenna went out and they overnighted a new one to me. Trust me, they know their product so well they can walk you through it over the phone. Good luck, keep us posted.

Back