• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Pisser Not Peeing

Acard7

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_5757.jpeg
Confirming this is the starboard pisser for the thermostat? Due to @Babin Farms and I mentioning the fact that we look at the pissers like psychos I found this one today not peeing while leaving the cove. Never got an overheat warning, and when we trailered it looked like it had a tiny bit of water reluctantly leaking out of it. I’m going to check the lines when I get home. Plan to run it on the hose tomorrow to maybe flush it and use some weed wacker line to clear what I can if that’s the issue. I have two thermostats on hand in case I need to replace.

Not sure which is which but just trace it back to the engine. Disconnect the hose in the engine bay and blow compressed air to eject the blockage out. Worked great for me.

Exactly what @Babin Farms says to do the junk that flies out is amazing some type of bug debri nest. Mine would get it almost yearly. The newer boat doesn't get them maybe it was the red and that size hole attracting nesting bugs. Have someone hold card board and post a picture of what splatters out.

Too hot to mess with it today as it’s 97 degrees out there. I’ll check it first thing in the mornin. Thanks for the tips!

This happened to me two years in a row. I am a fellow psycho who constantly watches for water coming out, my passengers think I’m insane but the boat has never broken down! Last year it wasn’t coming out of the same hole you’re talking about and I actually turned around to go back to the dock but it started working. This year it took quite a bit of work to finally clear mine but I was able to do so. The other engines holes are further toward the bow and stay under the mooring cover much better. That one just hangs out a little no matter what and some damned bugs get into it often. I need to 3D print some covers one of these days. Several years ago I used a couple of golf tees recommended by this forum but I used wood and they got all soggy and rotten and almost didn’t come out, so use plastic ones if you’re gonna do that.

IMG_5760.jpeg
Nasty, smelly junk was the culprit. Not sure how all of that can get in there but oh well. I could see it blocked with a flashlight. Blew out the starboard thermostat line and we should be good to go. Getting on the water within the hour!

Back