• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please help with alignment issue

SandMan123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
My dealer is stumped and has an engineering request out, but we haven’t heard from Scarab. Basically, my driveshaft has stripped twice (once under previous owner) in 30 hrs because it’s not fully seated in the impeller splines. Either the engine needs to be moved aft toward the back of the boat or the impeller housing somehow needs to move toward the engine. We are talking about a half inch. I can’t find anything in the device manual circa page 319 about moving either of these components. The motor mounts look fixed fore and aft. You can see in these pics where the driveshaft stripped at the end because it wasn’t fully engaged in the splines: there is a wear line at the end.

Attachments

• 9D4E78BC-A69E-400A-829D-7B41CAEFF944.jpeg
    9D4E78BC-A69E-400A-829D-7B41CAEFF944.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 934FA924-FBB8-496E-BA3D-4A0FD67E1517.jpeg
    934FA924-FBB8-496E-BA3D-4A0FD67E1517.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Back