• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Pocket Hose / Xhose / hose on boat?

steined

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No @Glassman, not that kind... :)

Wondering if anyone keeps a hose on their boat and if so what kind. I would find it useful for filling up the shower and potentially cleaning up a mess at a dock. Looking on amazon, the reviews for the Xhose / Pocket hose devices are very bad. Hoping someone has a better idea.

Thanks in advance!

Another thread on here discussed the Pocket hose sold on amazon and Sam's Club/Costco and yea some of the stories about it exploding after only a few uses were quite disturbing. Basically to use the thing you have to treat it like your grandma's china set otherwise a little tugging on it could lead to it exploding in your face. I bought this hose at home depot the other day, I plan to use it when flushing the engines and possible even a ballast filler/squirt gun.
superwatershootersupplies.jpg

I have a pocket hose that I got from the "As seen on TV" store last year, actually it was a gift from there. Anyway, I store it on the boat and use it to flush the engines after boating in saltwater or pre-storage, no problems with it, so far anyway.

Another thread on here discussed the Pocket hose sold on amazon and Sam's Club/Costco and yea some of the stories about it exploding after only a few uses were quite disturbing. Basically to use the thing you have to treat it like your grandma's china set otherwise a little tugging on it could lead to it exploding in your face. I bought this hose at home depot the other day, I plan to use it when flushing the engines and possible even a ballast filler/squirt gun.
View attachment 6669

Yes I couldn't find that thread unfortunately! Sorry for the repost. I guess I was just looking for someone to say those "aren't that bad". Even if I only get a season out of it, it wouldn't be horrible.

No @Glassman, not that kind... :)

Wondering if anyone keeps a hose on their boat and if so what kind. I would find it useful for filling up the shower and potentially cleaning up a mess at a dock. Looking on amazon, the reviews for the Xhose / Pocket hose devices are very bad. Hoping someone has a better idea.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, I actually have one of those!

I haven't used it yet, my wife thought it looked cool and got one. Now, of course, I'll have to see if I can blow it up!

I use a coiled hose with my flush adapter connected to it. It's about 10 - 12 feet long when stretched out. I store it under the clean out hatch

I just bought a cheaper one at WalMart because I was tired of having to polish out the hose scuffs from cleaning the inside of the boat with my old hose.

If it scuffs then I might try out this bursting thing. I have an air fitting on my water line in my garage so I can blow it out for winter. It would probably be an awesome explosion at 125 psi.

I got a pocket hose off amazon that i keep at the slip and have had no issues with it. I love the compact storage of it and if i have to replace it every year not a big deal.

Have one. Not impressed. Very short hose never really fully inflated for me. I do keep it on the boat, but haven't used it since the first time I tried to use it.

I was strolling though walmart the other day and 20140608_132932[1].jpg this caught my eye. Based on my reading of amazon and a few other places I couldn't believe anyone else would buy this thing. However, I got suckered in by the 3x the original strength of the connector advertisement. So I went against my better judgement and bought one for $20. It's going to be used by my wife to water her flower garden. I tried it out today and it seems pretty flimsy. The plastic used on both ends is not very strong. It shouldn't need to be stretched in the way it gets used so hopefully it will last more than one season but we'll see. Here are a couple more pics of it.20140608_133205[1].jpg 20140608_133937[1].jpg 20140608_133943[1].jpg
I like how it fits in my hose caddy which is the main reason I thought I would give it a try. It should be a lot easier for my wife to use.

I was working in the yard today and notice ours destroyed. Lasted about a year.

WOW these things are getting crushed on the Amazon reviews lol
I know that's why I asked.
View attachment 6669

Just bought one of these. It was much lighter than I expected! Thanks! I think I'll hang it up in the unfinished storage area of the gunwale with an adhesive "strap" type hanger!

Back