• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Polishing over graphics

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does everyone polish their boat with graphics, do you tape them or use a particular polish and foam pad that doesn't harm or fad the graphic. Taping the graphics on an AR230 2007 is way to difficult. I only taped the out edge, but now you can tell the middle orange is not as bright.

I use buff magic and shurhold pads with a dewalt buffer and use it on 1400Rpm.

How does everyone else do it to avoid not screwing up the graphics...which are mostly obsolete now.

Attachments

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wax right over mine with no issues. I hope to hope to have the boat back down to Triton Marina this weekend or next. Where do you mainly boat?

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thx Jluzader, - I will try a light polish / wax test over the graphics...thx

We boat in the upper Chesapeake and put in at Rogues Harbor (great ramp w/bathroom for my wife & girls). We do the Boho (ski beach) or Lloyds Creek (not on holiday) or battery beach.

I have thought about keeping the boat at Triton or Anchor (two spots with storage). Still weighting the pro and cons.

Do you like Triton's pricing and service? What about the water depth at Triton? I tinker on my boat a lot, and enjoy I can do it anytime while it sits in my driveway.

Hope to see you out there...look for "Crime Pays" and music always playing....its me.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Blazin14 I bought my boat at the end of the year and it was stored at Jackson Marine they seemed like nice people there. Being first year on boat I wanted a slower pace area and put it at Triton (It was a little cheaper), we have not had the boat out yet. So far the people at Triton seem nice and the service has been good. They have outside racks they put your boat on to work on it anytime you want. Hope to see you on the water.