• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Polk radio control unit S/N location

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha needs to order me a new radio control unit from Polk because two of the speakers are not working and they traced it back to that. I took delivery anyway because I don't care that much about the stereo and I didn't believe the guy when he said they could have the part in a couple days. Dealer called and wanted me to take a picture of the serial number because Polk has used different part numbers on these boats I guess. I looked behind my dash and saw no visible serial number. I know if I take it in for them to do it will be a while.

So what I'm asking of my fellow forum members is if the serial number is on the bottom (underside) of the unit. I don't want to unscrew it for nothing.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yep, should be on a label on the chassis of the hu. you might be able to use the releases on each side and slide it far enough out that you can take the picture without disconnecting any wires.