• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Poll: Used 2017 AR190 Price?

What is the most you would pay for a 1yr old AR190 in great condition?

• >=$28K

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • $25K-28K

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • $23K-25K

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • <=$23K

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

kypdurron5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you guys think is a reasonable price for a used 2017 AR190?

Details:
30-40 engine hours
4 years warranty left (can anyone confirm it’s transferable)?
Only wear and tear is on the side decals from dock rubbing
Stored in a garage
No extras

Also consider I can reportedly get a new 2018 about 4 hours away for $29.5K out the door from a dealer.

Seller is listing at $29K, basically a new 2018 price. So what is a reasonable discount to buy a used 2017 rather than just going with a new boat?

Thanks!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Regardless of what we "think" is a reasonable price it's all up to you and what YOU think is fair...that being said unless the seller is willing to take a loss they are probably right at what they owe on the boat. So, since you are asking opinions I would drive the 4 hrs and pick up the new one, $29.5K OTD is a great price, unless you can get a $2K or more "discount" from the seller. As far as the Y.E.S. we bought last year and it was transferable. Good luck!

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
these boats hold value that is for sure. I would say based on the extensive research I did before buying my 2017 AR195 new, I would guess that you won't find a 2017 AR190 with those hours for less than 28,000 unless someone really wants to get out from the boat and doesn't mind taking a loss, or they own it outright and arent too concerned with $$

what is the tax in your state? that OTD price looks great

kypdurron5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Regardless of what we "think" is a reasonable price it's all up to you and what YOU think is fair...that being said unless the seller is willing to take a loss they are probably right at what they owe on the boat. So, since you are asking opinions I would drive the 4 hrs and pick up the new one, $29.5K OTD is a great price, unless you can get a $2K or more "discount" from the seller. As far as the Y.E.S. we bought last year and it was transferable. Good luck!
Thanks for the warranty info! And good point if the boat was financed. Still, any time something is purchased there is a loss; whether purchasing new or used, every year depreciation to some degree occurs whether we’re talking about a boat, car, airplane, or a microwave. New has extra value over used, and newer-used has more value over older-used.

Ultimately you’re right that anything only has the value of what someone is willing to pay. But that’s exactly my question for folks here; what would everyone be willing to pay/what discount would YOU apply for 1 year of usage. There’s always a tipping point; what discount would make you buy used over new? $500, $1000, $5000? Just looking to get some experienced opinions. I tilt more towards a higher value on the discount; for an extra $500 or even $1000 I’d tilt towards new. But what about you?

kypdurron5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what is the tax in your state? that OTD price looks great
Post edited as I’ve learned some new things about my state and boats. There IS a 3% sales (if bought in the state) or 3% use (if bought elsewhere then registered here) tax when buying new from a dealer. Unlike my old state, sales tax does not apply to used purchases from individuals, so there is potentially a 3% savings by buying used. Property tax/yr still applies but it’s different for every city and county; looks like about 0.6%/yr for me.

Last edited:

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'd have to get at least $2500 or more before I would consider the deal when you have a OTD price on a '18, JMHO!

You won't regret it! :winkingthumbsup"

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
the bottom line here is, the Yamaha and its value is, supplies shorter than demand specially up north here, dealer order three can only get two if lucky, therefore they don't trade between and prefer to hold than decrease to sell. take whatever price you think its acceptable to you, and your family !

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would call the guy with the 2017 and tell him
"I'm buying a boat this week. I'll come give you $27K cash or head to a dealer and buy a new 2018 for $2K more. Up to you, but I'm def buying a boat this week. If you can't take the hit, I understand, I just wanted to offer because I'm ready go.

I went back and forth with the seller when I bought my boat. I politely asked him if he'd sell for my offer. He said no, he called me back asked for more, I declined and thanked him. He called back a second time and asked more than I offered, but less then he wanted. I declined, we talked and then he finally said yes. Remember, boats are not that simple to sell.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My new versus used spread would be 3500 I think that's reasonable that's at least what I would expect to loose the first year on a boat like a AR190 if I couldn't find a used one for more then that spread I would buy new all day long. When I bought my AR240 I did this same thing I had a price in mind I wanted used if I could have found a used one with a warranty for 45K I would have went used but didn't find that and wound up with a new one for 51k otd.

muzhik

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Paid 28k for '15 ar192 with 30hrs on it (Seattle)

kypdurron5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled the trigger and agreed to pay $28K for the 2017. Spotless boat with anchor, wakeboard, skis, and mooring cover included! My math goes like this: even at $29.5K OTD minimum to purchase is the mooring cover at $600-800 so more like $30,300 plus watersports equipment. Excluding the extras, that's $2,300 first year depreciation I don't have to eat on a new boat. In reality he paid $32K OTD so it's actually $4K off his purchase price. Altogether, seems like a decent deal to me and hopefully conventional wisdom prevails and depreciation slows after the first few years. So in the end, there it is; I guess my number was $2,300 + extras; enough for a decent TravelZoo vacation deal for 2. Just have to close the deal now with his lender and the AR190 is all mine :)!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Great looking boat, CONGRATS :winkingthumbsup" I'm really digging the "custom wheel chocks" holding her back...did the dealer throw those in or charge you;)

Last edited:

kypdurron5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking boat, CONGRATS :winkingthumbsup" I'm really digging the "custom wheel chocks" holding her back...did the dealer through those in or charge you?? ;)
To be honest I didn’t foresee needing wheel chocks; further, the built in jack isn’t tall enough to get the boat hitched to my vehicle, hence the scrap board under the trailer wheel. Oh well, learning process...

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just busting your chops, seriously your boat is great looking and WE are ALL learning.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I paid $31k OTD for my 17 AR190. I'll have to go back and look to be certain. I have 48hrs on mine now, and would be happy with a $28k sale price. I think that is a reasonable bridge between new and used. Getting those extra's is huge as well. I bet we spent $2,500 in the first week "outfitting" the boat with watersports equipment, vests, lines, anchors, coolers, etc.

Congrats on the new boat!

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well at least you won't be back here in 2 weeks complaining about how much the 10 service costs. Lol.

Did the seller say why he was getting rid of it?

kypdurron5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just new work schedule getting in the way; 7 days a week with random off days, significant other on a similar schedule with different days off. So no point in continuing the ownership costs without actually being able to use it very much anymore.