• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port engine not go over 4k rpm

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While loading earlier my wife had to hard reverse because of the wind. Then the check engine light came on. The port engine will not rev above 4k. We got loaded, I checked oil , cleanouts, and intake grate. I don't see anything , I don't feel anything. Motor sounds fine, not rough idle but definitely will not idle up. I flipped through the functions and code not see a code o. The display. Just check engine.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
While loading earlier my wife had to hard reverse because of the wind. Then the check engine light came on. The port engine will not rev above 4k. We got loaded, I checked oil , cleanouts, and intake grate. I don't see anything , I don't feel anything. Motor sounds fine, not rough idle but definitely will not idle up. I flipped through the functions and code not see a code o. The display. Just check engine.
Through the cleanouts reach back towards the impeller. Feel the edge of each blade to see if something is interfering. Is that pee hole peeing ok.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have full travel on your throttle from rev through forward?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have full travel on your throttle from rev through forward?
Yes full travel. We pulled into get something to eat. I got up in the boat turned the batteries back on. I had full revs. No check engine light. Maybe it went into limp and turning the batteries off it reset? Maybe something was stuck and I knocked something free feel around through the cleanout and the intake grate. Obviously i don't know if the pissers were working since we were at low idle. I had her turn the motors off while loading and just backed the trailer deeper and winched all the way up.
We are going to put it back in the water in the am and see if it does it again.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does sound like limp mode. That can happen from overheating, so 2x on that check the pisser comment. And, yes, switching off the battery and back on would take it out of limp mode if the condition were cleared (like the engine cooled down).

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got back

Pissers - check and strong
No cel - check
Oil - check
No strange sounds (even though I was paranoid) - check

All is fine, I'm sure when she hard reverse that shallow something blocked the intake and she went forward it cleared.