• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port Motor Idling High

7216Golden

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We took our 2018 242X out last weekend for the first time this year. While out on the water I had a check engine warning come on for the port motor. We shut down hung out for a while as I talked to our dealer. It was giving me a 116 code, and he thought it was being caused by bad batteries. We put on the emergency parallel switch and ran through the cycle to clear the code and made it back to the ramp. Changed out the batteries today and started the motors to check everything out and found the port motor idling around 2k rpm and the stbd at 1.5k. Any thoughts on what is causing the high idle? Any fixes so we can try and get out tomorrow?

Back