• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Possibly selling 2021 Scarab 215 ID

dwillson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I just purchased this boat in May. I purchased because the Yamaha I had ordered didn't come in (no surprise there). A dealership near me received this boat as a demo for the owner, but decided to sell it due to the shortage of boats in general. I definitely like some things about this boat better than the Yamaha, but I just lean towards Yamaha in the looks department. So I am going to do this Yamaha order thing again. If I happen to get lucky in getting a Yamaha (even if it is a 2022 late in the season) I will be selling my Scarab. If anyone is interested please let me know. It is pretty loaded up with a $82k MSRP. Twin 250hp engines. JL audio stereo upgrade with tower speakers. I actually had then remove the Scarab graphic stickers on the side and replace with the raised chrome Scarab lettering on the side to class it up a little bit. They also added raised chrome Scarab logos next to the wording. So it is a one of a kind in the respect. Have both the snap on covers as well as the towing/mooring cover...both OEM. Has extended swim platform in back. Back swim deck is Marine Mat. Interior is snap in carpet. Currently has 2 hours on it, but will grow as the summer goes on. Had dealer install 2nd battery so I can run the stereo all day off one and keep the other to start the boat and get home. Just posting this to gauge interest. This boat will cook once the break in is complete (8 hours on each engine). It is operating at 60% right now and will push 45 mph. If interested I can send you the full build specs with all options listed out, as well as more pics.

I live in Michigan by the way.

Thanks

Attachments

• tempImagetnZNUw.png
    tempImagetnZNUw.png
    17 MB · Views: 115
That's a nice boat you have there! I just got a 215 with the twin 300hp engines and I'm loving it. I'm really interested in the dual battery setup, do you have any pics of how your dealer did this?

That's a nice boat you have there! I just got a 215 with the twin 300hp engines and I'm loving it. I'm really interested in the dual battery setup, do you have any pics of how your dealer did this?

Hey Mike. I will get some pics next time I open it up. They essentially installed a 2nd battery toward the rear of the port storage compartment toward the back of the boat. They also installed a 2 battery switch. So I run the boat on the 1+2 setting when cruising. Turn the switch to battery 2 only when parked and listening to music. Keep battery 1 to start the engines at the end of the day. Cruise again on 1+2 so both batteries get charged while cruising.

How long have you had your boat? Any pics? Do you have SeaDek/MarineMat in yours?

That sounds like exactly the setup I want! Would be great to see what hardware they used for this. With the ballast I'm not sure I can put the battery in that same place, I was really hoping to keep it in the engine bay.

I bought mine at the end of 2020, so only started using it this season. Only 5 trips out so far this season, but already 26 hrs on the boat.

Here it is sitting in my driveway this morning.

It's got the standard mats in it. The SeaDeck upgrade would be nice.

Attachments

• IMG_6861.jpg
    IMG_6861.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 65
That sounds like exactly the setup I want! Would be great to see what hardware they used for this. With the ballast I'm not sure I can put the battery in that same place, I was really hoping to keep it in the engine bay.

I bought mine at the end of 2020, so only started using it this season. Only 5 trips out so far this season, but already 26 hrs on the boat.

Here it is sitting in my driveway this morning.

It's got the standard mats in it. The SeaDeck upgrade would be nice.
I like the purple. That is a rare color for these from what I understand. I has the same graphics on mine and had them removed and replaced with the chrome scarab wording. My Scarab might win me over as I get used to it more. Two things I wish mine had...(1) Marine Mat/SeaDek (I will probably take care of this soon...the stock carpets get blazing hot) and (2) the versa-deck in the back. I am actually talking to my Scarab dealer to see if it can be converted. Not sure it is possible. I will say my Scarab dealer is much more helpful and responsive than my Yamaha dealer ever way. I have run into a few issues with this boat already, and they told me to swing through and spent a couple hours with it to fix the problems. Yamaha would make me leave it for a week. So the service of my Scarab dealer is winning me over a little bit. You always hear about the reliability of the Yamaha engines. I have zero experience with BRP engines, so time will tell if I keep this boat. I did have zero problems with my previous Yamaha, but only owned it for 3 seasons. So maybe I just need to be more patient with this boat.

Question for you...do you tow with that cover shown in your picture? I have that same cover and the dealer recommended I tow with the snap on covers (also have those). I have always towed my previous boats with the 1-piece mooring cover with the ratchet straps. I tried towing my previous boat (Cobalt) with the snap covers and they would come unsnapped in the front. Just wondering what your experience is with towing with that cover.

Yeah I'm happy with the color, I had no choice as it was a dealer demo. I also wish it had the versa lounge thing. To be honest I thought they all had that and I never even checked that the seats would go to a 3rd position when I was looking at it. If you find out if it can be converted please let me know!

So far I'm absolutely loving the boat and I've had zero problems other than the battery dying on me after a week in the driveway. It would not take a charge, dealer took the battery back and confirmed it was defective (hence my interest in a dual battery setup). I've just started to make some minor convenience modifications to the boat to make it nicer (cell phone holder, life jacket holders, etc)

As for towing, yes, I tow with that cover if it's long distances (bigger lakes are about 2hr drive away on highways). for the close lakes (each about 25 mins away and on backroads) I just use the snap in covers, but generally the boat is outside so I try to keep the full cover on so I sometimes just end up keeping it on and just remove it when I get to the lake. I've not had the snap cover on over speeds of about 60mph, but have had the full cover up to about 70 mph while towing.

Back