• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Prop boat

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I drove our Glastron GS 160 this weekend.. The boat is 20 years old and has a 115 HP Merc. I was amazed by how different it felt after spending a summer driving a jet boat-- the Glastron sat so low in the water and the throttle was hard to push. The steering was so much different as well.. I kept turning and turning before the boat actually changed direction. All-in-all, the boat felt tired and "spent" after years and years of being beat by some andrenine junkie boys... No doubt the scarab 195hoi is hands down more fun to drive and has the performance far superior to "that" prop boat. And I couldn't throw it into reverse like I can the scarab. Can't wait for the next sunny fall day to hit the water!!!

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We still have our old boat as well. 1972 Silverline Comoro 16T with an 80hp merc. Every time I ask the mrs if she wants to take it out she says "are you crazy, I don't ever want to ride in that boat again"! LOL. I'll have to take 'er out by myself before it gets too cold :) Just sitting in it feels odd these days.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@McMark Is it the memories that keep it around?

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not necessarily. I've just been too busy boating to get the couple of things together to sell. It's a fun old boat though and gets way more attention than my Yamaha. I bought a new helm and cable and would like to put it in there. Plus give it a good buff and wax. Maybe in October I'll have some time. :)image.jpg image.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh that things great! Would love to have seen it brand new on delivery day!