• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Proper Rotax 1630 Ace 300 oil change kit

rpm242LS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a boat with twin 1630 Ace 300 engines. I did a search but never really found specifics on this engine for the correct oil change kit. I'm seeing several different kits advertising it will fit this size engine but some also say they fit the 250 horsepower supercharged 1503 engines.

Does the 1503 take the exact same type of oil filter?

What kit should I get?

[/URL]

Or..

It looks to me like the same exact items but just rebranded, updated looking box.

Just want to be sure before purchasing.

Also, I do not have the 1630 Ace service manual, I applied to join the Facebook vortex chaparral group several days ago but have yet to be accepted. What spark plugs do I need?

Thanks!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here is the Service Manual Click here.

Spark plug info:
Spark plug Info.jpg

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Can't tell if that oil kit contains 3 quarts, or a gallon. Years ago BRP use to include a gallon of oil with their kits, then they stopped. The shop manual for the RXP 215 shows 2.7 Quarts oil change w/filter, and 4.1 quarts total. From day one on both the seadoo and the Chaparral, I've always siphoned out 1 gallon. So I buy the gallon, and all the other parts separate to make my own kit.
You will need to gap the plugs at the .031 as mentioned above, they are never gapped at that size.

IMG_6956.JPG

IMG_6955.JPG

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Can I ask you to post the service manual for the rotax twin 1630 300hp engines.............Thanks
It's too big to copy here. But, click here and let me know if it worked. Thx!

night222

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Hey Guys ! I purchased a Scarab 215 with twin 300hp engines ( new to the forum) . Any chance you guys could post the manual again would greatly appreciate it !