• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Prospective 2018-2019 210 FSH Sport owner (T-Top Removal)

DigitalToast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey guys new to the forums. I have lurked for a while now gathering info and such. Done some research but i can't seem to find the information I'm looking for. I found the post about the weight of the T-top which isn't an issue but I was wondering what the process is to actually remove the T-top. Im building a garage currently and I am limited to 10' doors so I know It will not fit being 10'5" on the trailer. I have downloaded the boat manual and that information is not in there either. I appologize in advance if I have looked over the information. Thanks in advance. Also if possible is there any way to lower the boat on the trailer maybe 6-8 inches. That seems like a lot to me but anyone on this forum knows way more about all of this than I do.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would just buy the deluxe and get an aftermarket T top we can buy them that fold.
I would talk to cycle springs down in Florida definitely about anything for that boat they seem way out of the curve.
To take the top part off of the tea top I believe it’s four or eight bolts.

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's (4) bolts that need to be removed (on the 190). It takes at least 2 guys, but i'd prefer 3ppl. Only time I take mine off is for Winter Storage, since my boat sits outside during boating season.

top removal.jpg

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There are 8 bolts to remove the top. 6 bolts to remove the upper leg extensions. I bought a set of T-handle ball tipped allen wrenches to make the process quicker and easier. I have taken if off and put it back on by myself, but two makes more manageable.

I don't know of anyway to lower the trailer, except take the wheels off.

With the top and windshield removed, I get my boat under a 7'-4" opening.

Last edited:

DigitalToast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would just buy the deluxe and get an aftermarket T top we can buy them that fold.
I would talk to cycle springs down in Florida definitely about anything for that boat they seem way out of the curve.
To take the top part off of the tea top I believe it’s four or eight bolts.
I saw the Salt series top they off and while it’s perfect functionally for what I need I don’t really like the look of the top. I may contact them and see if what they have to offer though. Thanks.

DigitalToast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There are 8 bolts to remove the top. 6 bolts to remove the upper leg extensions. I bought a set of T-handle ball tipped allen wrenches to make the process quicker and easier. I have taken if off and put it back on by myself, but two makes more manageable.

I don't know of anyway to lower the trailer, except take the wheels off.

With the top and windshield removed, I get my boat under a 7'-4" opening.
That’s some good information thanks A lot. I’m only shy by 5” or so according to Yamaha’s specs. I guess I’ll have some time to figure things out.

DigitalToast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's (4) bolts that need to be removed (on the 190). It takes at least 2 guys, but i'd prefer 3ppl. Only time I take mine off is for Winter Storage, since my boat sits outside during boating season.

View attachment 96879
That’s awesome man. I wish the 210 top was designed that way. It would be perfect for me.

Akagi1955

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey guys new to the forums. I have lurked for a while now gathering info and such. Done some research but i can't seem to find the information I'm looking for. I found the post about the weight of the T-top which isn't an issue but I was wondering what the process is to actually remove the T-top. Im building a garage currently and I am limited to 10' doors so I know It will not fit being 10'5" on the trailer. I have downloaded the boat manual and that information is not in there either. I appologize in advance if I have looked over the information. Thanks in advance. Also if possible is there any way to lower the boat on the trailer maybe 6-8 inches. That seems like a lot to me but anyone on this forum knows way more about all of this than I do.
8 bolts on the top and 6 bolts on the vertical uprights. Not difficult to remove but definitely a two man job. My brother in law and I can do it in about 10-15 minutes. I have an 8’ door and get it in no problem. I do remove the windshield as well to be safe. I keep the boat in a slip most of the summer and store in my garage during the off season. Do not think I would want to be taking the T-Top off on a regular basis if I was trailering.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Stryker T-tops,
Make sure u measure ur door not just the garage height, most garage doors are not that high.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
8 bolts on the top and 6 bolts on the vertical uprights. Not difficult to remove but definitely a two man job. My brother in law and I can do it in about 10-15 minutes. I have an 8’ door and get it in no problem. I do remove the windshield as well to be safe. I keep the boat in a slip most of the summer and store in my garage during the off season. Do not think I would want to be taking the T-Top off on a regular basis if I was trailering.
Just took mine off for the first time to fit in the garage, had to remove the seat as well, ended up removing the 6 screws that hold down the seat. Just curious if anyone has an easier way. I thought the leaning post would be easy to take off but it didn't seem to be.

Anyway my question is how do you have it down to 10-15 min I used an allen wrench to remove the 6 bolts and it was a pain! There has to be an easier tool, I couldn't get my hex socket to fit as the part that goes to the drill is too large. The T-handle ball set might be a better idea I will buy one of those if no one has any suggestions.IMG_1361.jpg