• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchasing new 2018 scarab help

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
So looking at a 2018 new leftover scarab 195 open ID. It comes with fishing package with the seat as well tower and it has the 250 hp motor. MSI sticker on it was originally 4So looking at a 2018 new leftover scarab 195 open ID. It comes with fishing package with the seat as well tower and it has the 250 hp motor. MSI sticker on it was originally 58k then dropped to 48K and then dropped to 39K. Going over it with the dealer had several things I wanted added such as the front and rear pads the sea deck and surf stream week package. Which was a total of $4800 in extras and to include standard Coast Guard boating requirements anchors/S flares etc. This point he came back with giving me everything like that set up for 40,000+ their prep freight taxes all in all it would be $46,000 almost. What is your opinion on what they are going for and deals and so forth. So I did the 39,000 price if you added everything I’ll be at roughly 45+ all their taxes and fees freight etc. probably have me close to 50 but my view is it still a 2018 new or not even though it’s the same boat. I know I’ll probably only have the boat for 2 to 4 years before upgrading to a 25 foot or a 23 foot model that is rumored to be coming out but everything’s really on hold with Covid.
Any help on pricing and what you got your boat for in a year you bought it would be great

You can go to scarab.com and build the same boat as yours to see the current model year pricing (compared to that 2018). They have a current discount right on the website depending on model as you build it......

I don’t think they made any changes from 2018-2020??

Frankly in today’s market I am surprised they have dropped it that much. Do a search nationwide on boat trader.com and see if you can find one for sale/what the price is if you can for 2018/2019 models.

Future re-sale is very questionable as all prices (new and used) are inflated right now, which could lead to a market tank/flood of used boats in a couple of years (but maybe not, who knows???).

Scarab’s furture could be up in the air as their parent company is trying to sell the brand (I am wanting to buy in the next year or so and Scarab right now is the top of my list).

But at a quick look on what you have posted again it looks like a good deal in todays market.......you could always go back and ask the old “is that the best you can do” to test your response and be ready to write the check if they come down (ask for extra warranty or????)

Back