• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PWC Batteries

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I currently have an YUASA battery that is the factory battery for my 2015 Yamaha FX. I'm going to replace it prior to a few upcoming trips. Has anybody switched from the standard wet cell to an AGM for their PWC. If so, what brand and where did you buy it from?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've gone with the agm from Walmart and been very happy with it. They tend to last at least twice as long as a standard battery.

The gel cells offered by my Pwc shop are even better / last longer (all my water toys are on a charger maintainer whenever they are not in the water) but they cost almost twice as much as well.

I think the gel cells are the only type that are ready (filled/charged) when i buy them. The others have to be filled and charged which takes time that I don't usually have when I'm trying to get to the water and discover I have a dead battery.

If you are in a pinch go for the gel cell, if not go agm. I'd only by the standard if that is all that is available.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yuasa is a good company. But whenever I get a chance to, I replace with Odyssey brand. More cranking power, installs in any position (my pwc are upside down often, so I like this ability) and they are tough.
But as with ANY battery, charge it before first use.
Example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002ILK6I/ref=psdc_15710461_t1_B0000BYEXO

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I put an AGM that I bought from Advance Auto Parts in my SeaDoo. It was rebranded to Advance but it was a national maker (I can't remember who). The battery was absolute garbage. Didn't even last a full season. Reviews led me to believe I was not even close to the only one this happened to. It was pretty expensive too. Don't buy that one.