• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question about anchor drain

Sroc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Have a question about the anchor drain on my 2021 252SD. I read on this forum of issues with said drain does this drain look short? Do I need to replace it with a longer one?
TIA

Attachments

• tempImage1RDp22.png
    tempImage1RDp22.png
    10.7 MB · Views: 51
A bit difficult to tell from the picture but Yamaha's reputation for not doing that correctly has been going on for years. I would look in to the fix's guys are doing.

yours looks like mine same boat as you know. I just got to see it last week. It just looks like a hole to me and a cap on the outside. I was considering filling the hole with either 3M or silicone. Pack in in the hole really well......wait for it to dry knowing that I've sealed the shit out of the inside.....then drill a hole through the 3m (silicone) that's a little smaller so water can drain. I have to believe that Yamaha sealed that area but some of the comments on the forum have me freaked out. I do like the fact that the hole is flush tho.

I reached down and felt the hole on my ‘21 SX210 and could tell that the plastic fitting didn’t come all the way through the hull. I ended up buying a stainless thru-hull fitting and installed it with some 5200. Had to dremel ~ 3/4in off the end to make it flush to the anchor locker interior.

Amarine-made Straight Thru-Hull Valve Fitting Fully Threaded Stainless Steel 316 Boat Thru Hull for 1/2-Inch Interior Diameter Hose Thru Drain Boat Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MU6WRL...abc_TYSGGXY3SCT050TWT34D?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I just installed mine today. I had to cut off 3/4 of an in of also. I think it looks great.20210515_175306.jpg

Back