• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question about AR210 Bench Seat

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I sat on the edge of the bench seat on my boat today and the back side of it flipped up. I pulled the entire seat up and noticed that there are two threaded rods on the back side that slide into corresponding holes on the boat. Are these supposed to have a nut on the back to secure the seat? Not sure how you could possibly access it to put another one on if so.

Attachments

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea mine did the same thing. Have to get into the port storage area and just reach through, I think the rear one i went through the other direction.
I think I went to home depot and bought a nut and washer and just reinstalled them.
Another piss poor Yamaha quality problem from the factory...have come across many of them and only in the first 20 hours.
My front grab rails came loose as well and had to fix those as well plus several other places like the hose clamp on the bilge line that was loose and was leaking into the rear storage area.
Soo many of these issue could be solved if they were just done correctly to begin with.
Now I just check every nut and screw that I come across.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Come to think of it if I recall correct that bolt was just in the fiberglass....no nut or bolt so you sit on the sit and it strips out.
Do it right the first time from the factory.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
wondered about this since people are inclined to try to pull up that seat not realizing it is secured (barely).... I want to do something about this although it is still attached now. Any updates?

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't been back to our lake house since I noticed the issue. I will be there this weekend and can give an update on what I find.