• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Quick question - Subwoofer

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know I posted in my thread, but not sure if it will get enough views....

Will a 12" subwoofer fit underneath the bench seat if I cut out the fiberglass. Not looking to do an enclosed box, but with a support ring, mount it in that fiberglass wall. Debating between a 12" which is about $100 cheaper than a 10".

Don't see many 12" subwoofers posted in that location, so I am guessing there is not enough clearance or you remove too much fiberglass. The boat is in storage, so I am unable to measure.

Thanks

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get plenty of bass with a jl audio 10” in my ar240.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not concerned so much about the bass as I am sure either will be more than I need. Just looking at costs and deals. :)

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Will a 12" subwoofer fit underneath the bench seat if I cut out the fiberglass. Not looking to do an enclosed box, but with a support ring, mount it in that fiberglass wall. Debating between a 12" which is about $100 cheaper than a 10".
I'm guessing they're two different brands based on the 12" being cheaper? You get what you pay for in audio. If you care about sound quality, I'm betting the 10" is the better choice. If not, then you'll need to measure to be sure, but from what I've noticed with my 212s is there isn't a lot of room for a 12" down on the sides.

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@212s same brand and line just last years models. Guessing that the 12’s don’t sell as well as say the 10’s hence there is more stock of it.
As much as I don’t want to spend the extra $100 I might. We aren’t trying to be the party boat, just trying to fill in some of the low end of the spectrum.