• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Radio and Horn don't work

danielcasey01

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The radio and horn do not work on my 2008 SX230. Curious if anyone has any troubleshooting ideas and/or if there are in line fuses?

There are circuit breakers under each of the switches on the dash and it is typical of the horn not to work seeing they are not a quality horn. Did you just purchase the boat? Were they working before or did they never work?

I just bought the boat a few weeks back and the radio and horn have not worked for me. Are you talking about the little "rubber looking" things below the switch?

I just bought the boat a few weeks back and the radio and horn have not worked for me. Are you talking about the little "rubber looking" things below the switch?
Yep, just push it in to reset if it is tripped. Radio probably has a fuse on the back side of it that you can get to by removing the bezel with the radio in it or if yous small enough you can get behind the helm from the access door. The radio head unit might have crapped out too, check & see if power going to it.

Pull the horn out of the hull(2 screws) and bench test it. You can use your car battery and 2 wires to test as well. Mine worked bench testing sometimes but I ended up replacing it with a rigged up car horn. Not the easiest thing to do, prob should have just bought a new replacement but I used what I had laying around.

In your case, it is necessary to check the fuse first. It is located in the dashboard on the driver’s side and another one is installed under the hood of the car. I ran into the same problem last week.
I think this is a boat related question. The original post was made in Aug. 2020. It doesn’t look like the issue was resolved though so it’s nice you’re trying to help.

Back