• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reason for not allowing towables (tubes, etc) on tower tow point?

shrivel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember seeing in either the manual or on the tower of my 2014 AR192 that you shouldn't attach tubes and similar towables to the tow point on the tower, only on the rear tow point on the stern. Anyone know the reasoning behind this?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a weight limit for towing from the tower, tubes and such create too much drag and surpass the limit......with that said....
I always tow the tube from the tower, lots of others do as well, honestly I don’t think I have ever seen damage from towing tubes from a tower, but I’ve never really looked for those stories too hard🤷‍♂️

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The tower can handle the load, the problem as I understand it is the tow point being so high can act as a lever if the tube were to submerge and the force exerted could possibly flip the boat. I tow from the tower, two, three and four tubes at a time sometimes.

shrivel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The tower can handle the load, the problem as I understand it is the tow point being so high can act as a lever if the tube were to submerge and the force exerted could possibly flip the boat. I tow from the tower, two, three and four tubes at a time sometimes.
LOL. I think I'll risk it ;-)

Funtacular

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am just a little embarrassed to say that this happened to me. I was pulling our boys on Lake George and had tossed them. I came around hard and as I began to accelerate out of the turn the whole boat bogged down hard. Seemed like I wasn't producing any thrust. The harder I accelerated the more it pulled down. Damn near pulled the back-end under. Thankfully I let off and the big ass tube I was pulling floated back up to the surface and we all breathed a sigh of relief. Never would have dreamed that it A. Could have sunk that deep and B. Would have enough drag power to pull me under!