• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rehoboth bay marina DE

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm coming down for the week tomorrow and I'm debating on bringing my boat with me and keeping it at Rehoboth Bay Marina on the trailer. Does anyone have experience with this marina or the bay? Any shallow areas to watch out for?

I'm not sure what the weather is doing, but there looks like there may be a few good boating days. I can't make up my mind if I want to bring the boat or not! I know I wanna get some beach days in and I have all summer to use the boat.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'll be in Ocean City, MD just south of there. Not familiar with the bay up there but looking at Navionics, there are a ton of shallow spots for sure. Check out navionics:

http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

JDSCHMOO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hope you took the boat! I ran all over down there 2 years ago, will be back August this season. There is a canal that connects Indian Bay to Little Assawoman Bay. As long as it didn't get any hurricane damage, you can make it through, try to keep it around high tide, but that'll allow you to get to Fenwick Island, Ocean City, Assategue, or you can take the canal from Rehoboth Bay to the north... forget the name...

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Heading to Ocean City in two weeks and I am seriously considering bringing my boat. Never been there. My wife is on the fence about it since she wants to go to the beach and sightsee, but it seems like it would be worth while bringing the boat down. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

JDSCHMOO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lots of good stuff to see and do in OCMD! A run down the bay to Assateauge to see the wild horses should be reason enough for your wife to agree to take the boat. Plenty of restaurants/bars to pull up to by boat. You gotta check out Seacrets by boat, just to see the place. It's nuts with the young crowd on Friday and Saturday, avoid those days if you don't want crazy. Lazy lizard on 1st St is one of my favorite hang outs on the boat, across the bay is Hoopers crab house with a neat little dock bar. You also have Mackys on 54th, Fish Tales, around 18th I think, but both of those you need to pay attention to the channels getting into them. Also good spots in the OC harbor yo eat. My favorite restaurant run on the boat is Harpoon Hannas, rte 54 Fenwick Island. Pull up, dock, eat on the water or enjoy a drink at the bar on the water. We also run in the quite a bit, just gotta pay attention to the wind & tide. Get it right, you can cruise the ocean comfortably.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Heading to Ocean City in two weeks and I am seriously considering bringing my boat. Never been there. My wife is on the fence about it since she wants to go to the beach and sightsee, but it seems like it would be worth while bringing the boat down. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Go to Secrets...its on the water. You will be driving right by me when your on the NJ parkway south

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys for the feedback and recommendations. Looking at the projected weather for next week in Ocean City, I may have change my vacation plans. Forecast is rain just about everyday we're there, so the boat probably won't make the trip if we still decide to go.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wouldn't make that call just yet if I were you - weather guys often have a spotty record but seldom have I seen the forecasting as bad as at the beach around here! Even more than farther north, we're prone to pop-up, quick storms that hit for a few minutes and then back to blue sky. If the forecast on weather.com is for 30% chance or less, fuggetaboutit! It's a long way to haul the boat and I can tell you from my experience some of those toll plaza lanes are NARROW! But IMHO, it's worth it. Yes, the waters around OC are shallow - but that's the beauty of our boats. (In a perverse way, it's fun to watch the guy near you with the honking twin 300 hp outboards bog down...:smuggrin:) They are, however, by mo means impassable.
It's entirely possible to run from Assateague Island (and points south) all the way up to Lewes DE. Places to eat all along the way (one of our favorites not mentioned above is http://www.hammerheadsde.com/dockside/ at the Indian River marina) and a combination of flat-out high speed runs and no-wake runs.
Also, your wife can enjoy the beach - on some of the islands (including the ones that pop up at low tide...) with some of the more popular areas near the south end of OC, Assateague, and up in Rehoboth Bay near Massey Cut (look for Bluff Point on google earth...)

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Skysurfer2010, not sure how I missed this post earlier but if you decide to reschedule give me a shout - I rented a boat at Rehoboth Bay for two summers. Can probably give you a few tips for the area.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Also I made a video of a trip we did last year.

Some highlights:

1:12 - Coming out of my canal in Ocean Pines
1:31 - Approaching the Route 90 bridge from Ocean Pines
2:13 - Heading into the Ocean Pines Yacht Club for gas
2:20 - At MR Ducks in the inlet on the ocean side of Rt. 50
2:40 - In channel to Fish Tails on 22nd street
3:01 - Docked at Fish Tails
3:54 - Doing a shot ski at Fish Tails
4:20 - Leaving Fish Tails channel

No Seacrets footage in this video... unfortunately

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@RobA, good video and thanks for posting the prices for the rentals. The Yamaha didn't make it this trip after all, plus without the boat, gives me a chance to sight see and figure out where to keep the boat when I'm here next year. You guys in the area decide to do an outing here next year, let me know, we'd definitely come down.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And I shouldn't say this, lest a big secret gets out......the best part of boating near OC is going about 20 miles south to Snow Hill, put in at Byrd Park, and have a 25 mile river all to yourself! The Pocomoke River. My beach place is a mile from the Ocean Pines ramp, yet I will only hit the OC bay (that is, the Assawoman Bay) once a season, if that. Did it last week and the clean up afterwards from all the salt, plus the jelly fish and jelly fish remnants touching your skin if you jump in, plus if you go south of the Route 50 Bridge into the Assateague Bay (just don't do it) you will be sucking out seaweed every 50 yards because the weeds are so thick the reverse clean out manuever won't work, reminds me why its only a once or twice a season visit into the Assawoman Bay. In addition, there are too many other boats, many drunk drivers on the weekends, and schools of waverunners cutting in and out of your path. We do hit Seacrets each time we are out, tie up to a ball and they bring a taxi right to you. And this year, the Corps of Engineers built up an island which will be a cool place to check out for an hour or two....If you need a nice ramp, brand new and beautiful with parking, use the White Horse Park ramp which is supposed to be for Ocean Pines residents only, but it is not enforced at all. Take 90 out of OC, right on 589, go about a mile and right on Beauchamp Road to end, Turn right into ramps. Free, clean, parking and nice. It leads into the St. Martin's "river" (really just the bay) which leads into Ocean City.

The Assawoman Bay is choppy often, unless you are out at dawn or dusk. The St. Martins north of the Route 90 bridge is usually very smooth. If running all the way to where the "river" starts/ends, be going on plane or you could run aground. Note that unless you are in the bay channels, the average depth of the water is about 3 feet, which is why I have owned jet boats for 10 years. Here is the article on the new island in the Assawoman Bay you can check out:

http://mdcoastdispatch.com/2015/06/29/american-flag-raised-on-bay-island-met-with-cheers-area-resident-joined-by-others-in-endeavor/

The Assawoman Bay would be a fine place to visit for a week long trip, but when you live down here for the summer, IMO the Pocomoke can't be beat. Deep water, average depth 18 feet and I have observed up to 60, clean, great (and inexpensive) restaurant in Pocomoke City, a couple state parks you can dock up at - one with gas - and you will be the only one on the water most of the time, as the below video will attest.

Here is a 12 minute version of a 50 mile round trip on the Pocomoke River, last run of 2014.

Last edited:

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Went to Seacrets today and I just have to say "wow". That place was great. I can definitely see that place getting wild on the weekends though. @JDSCHMOO & @NotTooFast, thanks for the heads up on that place. We enjoyed it and will definitely be going back when we make it down again next year. Our first time to OC and this was one of our best vacations in a while.