• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replace armrest

Big E

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I need to replace the port side arm rest. Does anyone know how to remove the cushion that is over the left lower part of the armrest?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need to replace the port side arm rest. Does anyone know how to remove the cushion that is over the left lower part of the armrest?
I'm not sure on your Scarab but most boats have through bolts with a nut on the backside, Once the nuts are off the cushion pulls right off or slides up off of clips. You will most likely have to find access to reach behind through a cup holder or nearby storage access. Again -- only guessing on your Scarab but pics would help the Yamaha guys help you better.

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I suppose it is only stuck, like the middle seat. Pull hard and you'll know for sure :p

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Does anyone know how to remove the backrest cushions on the port and starboard sides of the cockpit on a Scarab 195? As Big E mentioned above, the backrest cushion needs to be removed in order to access one of the screws that attaches the black armrest.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Does anyone know how to remove the backrest cushions on the port and starboard sides of the cockpit on a Scarab 195? As Big E mentioned above, the backrest cushion needs to be removed in order to access one of the screws that attaches the black armrest.
I've never done this, but you might want to try removing them by unbolting the brackets. The bolts to the stern look like they're pretty straightforward to remove. I think you might be able to undo the bottom ones using a wrench and leaning the backrest(s) forwards. It goes without saying, however, to check what is on the other side. You may start to loosen the bolt and not have access to the nut behind (if there is one).

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length

Remove the screws, holding the cushion. They are down at the end and some kind of hard to find, but they are there. Then slide the cushion up to remove it.

Mike008

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I need to replace the same piece. If I stick my head where the speaker is by the back seat, I can look in and see the bolt/nut holding on that cushion but my arm is several inches too short to reach it. There must be some way to access it. Anyone know how? Did you figure it out @Big E?

Mike008

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you. I came across that link today as well but my 2016 Scarab 255 doesn't seem to have those external screws. I plan on looking again and will update if that changes but all I see are the bolts with nuts sticking straight through, which I can't reach.