• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replace House Battery with Better Option?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So the boat has 2 Deka 24M7 batteries, one for starting and one for the house battery. I can't even find an Amp Hour rating for the this battery and it appears to be more of a starting battery.

What house and starting batteries do you guys use?

does anyone use a Lithium house battery and a deep cycle starting battery?

I'm wondering if I should replace the house battery with something else.

MicahH

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After researching the threads, I replaced my house battery last season with this,

Here’s an item I like from Sam’s Club Duracell AGM Automotive Battery - Group Size 35/85 - Sam's Club

I purchased it from BatteriesPlus or something. It’s a beast. I have a 2 bank onboard charger I top them off with. It’ll power 2 amps, 2 12” subs, 2 8” towers, 4 cabin plus 2 additional 8” cabin speakers all day at the beach. Never an issue.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So the boat has 2 Deka 24M7 batteries, one for starting and one for the house battery. I can't even find an Amp Hour rating for the this battery and it appears to be more of a starting battery.
Probably both are just basic starting batteries, about 75 A/H rating for group 24 size.
What house and starting batteries do you guys use?
The same...I only added a digital amp so no massive power demands here.
does anyone use a Lithium house battery and a deep cycle starting battery?
Li-Ion house batteries are ridiculously priced here, but are a viable option if priced right. A deep cycle lead-acid works just fine though. There is no need for a deep cycle start battery unless it's the one and only battery on the boat. The start battery only needs to start the engine and then gets recharged. No need to be anything else.
I'm wondering if I should replace the house battery with something else.
If you're using the stock system, no need for any changes. If you're adding amplifiers for the stereo or a trolling motor, then you need to add batteries for that, and those should be deep cycle batteries.