• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacement Head Unit Options

My2ten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone upgraded their head unit on a 17 and up AR or SX 210? What all options will fit in the space. Currently have the Infinity without a knob on a 19. Any pics of installs would be greatly appreciated.

My2ten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Or could anyone get me a good set of measurments for the area the factory radio is installed in the helm? Im currently away for work and would like to have a head unit with a knob waiting on me to return.

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an infinity PRV-315.2 out of my 2021 AR210 I could sell ya. Same as this one:

My2ten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was really looking something with multiple zones without having to go the ws-420 route. May I ask what you put in place of the 315?

My2ten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you happy with the kicker,or anything you would change about it? Im leaning towards a fusion 670. Do you by chance have a pic of it installed you could share?

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you happy with the kicker,or anything you would change about it? Im leaning towards a fusion 670. Do you by chance have a pic of it installed you could share?
No pics. I liked the fusion and was leaning that way, but the cutout for the factory head unit is a circle (just like the kicker) where the fusion is a rectangle. The kicker fit like a glove and has the dual zone.

My2ten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you do the remote on the aft also? I like the idea of the fusion having a wireless remote but I’m also kinda torn between wired and not. At the end of the day I just don’t want to end up with something that I’m not happy with.

Wrecked Rooster

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you do the remote on the aft also? I like the idea of the fusion having a wireless remote but I’m also kinda torn between wired and not. At the end of the day I just don’t want to end up with something that I’m not happy with.
I don't use the stereo system when we are swimming in the water. We have a JBL boombox we use when anchored and control it with our phone. I would still use my phone at the back of the boat if we did use the boats sound system. You have options, just have to decide which way you want to go.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My boat has the Fusion head unit at the stern for use while swimming or floating, but I actually don't like it there as the volume knob gets bumped as people move around on the swim platform. If it had volume buttons, I'd like it better. 90% of the time I use the Fusion app on my phone to control the playlist tunes, input, and volume. I love the joystick for selection and volume control when we're moving though - one of my favourite features of the boat.

As for having two zones, front/rear fader essentially does the same thing and allows you to control volume in two locations. I have mine set up with cockpit and bow as the front and the rear runs the swim platform speakers. This way I can selectively have the rear on/off as needed. And again control it all with my phone.

My2ten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After reading on the KMC4 that @Wrecked Rooster has that might be the route I take. There are several positives there, no cutting for install, dual zone, volume knob, etc. If I went that route, I would do a KRC12 with buttons on the aft, I have never thought about someone bumping the knob on the aft unit @212s brought it up. I would like to be able to leave my phone in the boat and have control without it. I think this option would check all the boxes. Thanks to all for the help and insight. Now I just have to get the banker to release the funds.... lol

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have an infinity PRV-315.2 out of my 2021 AR210 I could sell ya. Same as this one:

How much? I don't need one but a upgrade to the one on FSH would be nice.

My2ten

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I pulled the trigger on the kmc4. Should be at my house next week. For 300 plus tax I couldn’t pass up on the positives it brought to the table. Probably move the infinity to the golf cart.