• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacement of old gauge lens covers

Vinman117

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good morning. Does anyone know how to replace/remove the old gauge lens covers on a 2015 SX190 or similar? The old lens are so foggy I can’t see the gauges. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1506.jpeg
    IMG_1506.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 3
You might try drilling a really really small pinhole in the lens, letting it heat and dry in the sun, and then sealing with a toothpick of silicone. You could also take them out and add some silicone to behind the gauge too to seal them up again.

Thanks. I’m sorry but I failed to mention I bought replacement lenses. Do you know how to actually remove them? Is it a twist or pop out?

Thanks. I’m sorry but I failed to mention I bought replacement lenses. Do you know how to actually remove them? Is it a twist or pop out?
That I couldn't tell you - start at the back of them, there might be a giant plastic nut that needs to be unscrewed?

Ok thanks for your help. I’ll try it. I’ll have to look at it further. I can’t find any videos out there yet.

looks like they call the part that holds it in a "bracket meter" - whatever that means, but looks like a screw on possibly? Might screw on/off from the front too, by the looks of it...

1718312158457.png

Yeah I’m waiting for my new lenses from partzilla and I’m hoping they have instructions inside.

Back