• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rev10’s w/ JL Audio 750/1 questions

Isaac Gregory

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a set of Rev10’s to put on my ‘08 AR230 tower. I bought a JL Audio 750/1 amplifier to push them as it was the most recommended from all the forums I’ve read. A friend of mine is going to put them on b/c I’m far from an audiophile and don’t have the time to do it myself. I need help with his following questions...

“Running Rev10’s in parallel from that amp would decrease the impedance draw and allow them to only pull 2 ohms which is within the safe limits of that amp but would send the full 750watts to the speakers which are only designed to handle 300 watts. Wiring the speakers in series would cut the amps rms down to 325watts which the speakers may be able to take just fine but the impedance of the speakers draw would jump to 8ohms and would burn out the mosfets in the amp since its max ohm rating is only 4 ohms.”

AND...

“On top of that its a mono amp so it will focus on lows only and wont play your crisp highs and mids for vocals and instrumentals clearly.”

Thanks in advance for your help!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The speakers can handle 400w each as long as it is tuned properly.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Complete bullshit: "jump to 8ohms and would burn out the mosfets in the amp since its max ohm rating is only 4 ohms.”

Somewhat true: “On top of that its a mono amp so it will focus on lows only and wont play your crisp highs and mids for vocals and instrumentals clearly.”

#1, I would not use this amplifier due to the second statement. It is listed to play from 6hz to 8khz. Human hearing spectrum is up to 20khz. So you are loosing 12khz (over half) of sound spectrum that we can hear. Will it work? Yes.. but you loose a lot of high frequencies.

#2 If you do go this route - run them at 2ohms. You can always turn the gain down a little if it is too much power for them. I would rather have too much power than too little.

The 600/4 bridged is a MUCH better choice.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Creative Audio has a 10 percent off Coupon as well if you go to their website to purchase. First10 is the coupon code.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mono Amps are for subwoofers, not for full range speakers in 95% of cases. There are a few exceptions, but this usually holds true. If you're intended to play music and not just bass from these speakers, that is not the right amp.