• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ridesteady Installed and Connext System MPH

clofing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hello,

I installed the Ridesteady system with external mount but at times my Connext system does not show the MPH. I have to see the MPH on the Ridesteady external display. It does not happen all the time. What can I do to correct this issue?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Contact Ridesteady?

clofing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Contact Ridesteady?
I did. They said they have no idea why it would be doing that and told me to post the question on this forum. 😂

TXsweetcheeks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My Connext screen does not show MPH on 2nd day of taking her out.
We are installing RideSteady as I type this.
I'm interested to see what happens.
As long as we get MPH reading on RideSteady, I'm good with that!😃

clofing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My Connext screen does not show MPH on 2nd day of taking her out.
We are installing RideSteady as I type this.
I'm interested to see what happens.
As long as we get MPH reading on RideSteady, I'm good with that!😃
You will love the Ridesteady system. So nice for water sports. I have had some comments on other forums to make sure the connections to the Connext system are all good. That I might of accidentally created loose connection when installing. Also, ti make sure the gps antenna is at least 2’ away from the boat antenna. I will be trying those two solutions soon. Maybe your connections were loosened also.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I saw your FB post and still think you knocked something loose on your GPS puck. 2' on GPS antennas though, that's a new one. Why? They're only received data, they don't broadcast.

That would be like telling people they can't use the GPS on their smart phones when they sit too close the in-car GPS antenna. I call BS.

clofing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ridesteady said the same thing when I reached back out to them. Going to check to see if I accidentally loosened something. Thank you