• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rope sucked up now having terrible cavitation?

ssjd2000

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alright so third time out with my new to me boat sx190 2013. Kids let the rope get sucked up at barely an idle once it wrapped a few times it killed the engine and we didn't start it back up again.

Got a tow back to the dock. Took the pump apart got the rope out without an issue didn't even fray the rope. Put it back together ran fine for about ten minutes stopped got the tube and kids out and went to take off again and nothing but cavitation. Engine will rev but barley moves maybe 5 mph.

Got it back home again looked it over again this time I added some rtv silicone between the pumps like the factory had. Took it back out today ran fine for ten minutes stopped shut the engine off got the kids on the tube and started again wouldn't go over 5 mph.

Feels like nothing but cavitation. I'm at a loss anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Alright so third time out with my new to me boat sx190 2013. Kids let the rope get sucked up at barely an idle once it wrapped a few times it killed the engine and we didn't start it back up again.

Got a tow back to the dock. Took the pump apart got the rope out without an issue didn't even fray the rope. Put it back together ran fine for about ten minutes stopped got the tube and kids out and went to take off again and nothing but cavitation. Engine will rev but barley moves maybe 5 mph.

Got it back home again looked it over again this time I added some rtv silicone between the pumps like the factory had. Took it back out today ran fine for ten minutes stopped shut the engine off got the kids on the tube and started again wouldn't go over 5 mph.

Feels like nothing but cavitation. I'm at a loss anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
If no one replies move to the general section as not everyone visits the specific 19’ section. Good luck.