• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rotax 4TEC WATER PUMP

Ralph195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
How to figure out if water pump on my 195 scarab Rotax 4Tec 200 is working.
I'm overheating.....flushed the cooling system, as per service manual added new antifreeze.....still overheating. The cap on the tank does not get very hot but overheating. That leaves me to believe pump is not working.
Does any member know how to check if the water pump is working?
Thanks

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Never heard of anyone with water pump issues. Any chance you sucked up some weeds or mud and plugged the water box,

Ralph195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Thanks for your reply Winerocks.
No weeds in the intake create, but I'll check the service manual to locate the water box you mentioned.
Thanks again

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Waterbox is on the end of the exhaust. You should be able to run the boat on a hose, the water box would be the last place water goes through before it exits through the rear looks for signs of contamination and restriction.

Any chance you have a tow valve that is closed? I know the coolant is closed loop but if youre not taking in water on the intercooler/exhaust side I would assume it would heat up quite quickly.