• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rotax Temp Sensor on Backorder?

FreshSalt09

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Hey guys, new jet boat owner with a gently used 2017 Scarab 195 Open w/250hp power plant. Caveat on the buy was the temperature sensors was bad and it’s been ordered. Problem is that the dealership says it’s on backorder without any sort of lead time. My question is if there is a aftermarket or non-OEM part I could supplement with until the Rotax one comes in? Boat runs fine but I’m not getting all 250hp out of it with the sensor being stuck.

I found it on Crowley but their stock says the same:

Let me know what you guys think.
-FS

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That's the same part as BRP 420222423 that you can have for $29 on EBAY

FreshSalt09

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I cannot believe you found it... I went round and round with the dealer, Crowley and Rotax trying to find the right part number. They even sent me the wrong sensor. Finally got it figured out today. Unfortunately, it sounds like its not going to be here in time to get me on the water by labor day weekend...

FreshSalt09

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Got a $12 used sensor off of ebay and it came just in time to take it out over the holiday weekend. Ran like a champ! Thanks JetTech72!

-FS