• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rubber button deteriorating.

jmargo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The rubber buttons on the tach are getting gooey and I am hoping to save them. Any way to stop the deterioration or leads to the buttons ? I would think they are pretty universal.

Thanks

Attachments

• 43063F0C-DB06-4AF3-83F1-B73E53A9B50A.jpeg
    43063F0C-DB06-4AF3-83F1-B73E53A9B50A.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 38
interested in this also...

Haven’t tried this repair yet… do you just scrape off the existing rubber buttons and reapply the replacement buttons? Any internal buttons or sensors that I should be worried about damaging when removing the old buttons?

I have not done this repair yet either, but what I seem to remember reading about these gauges was that the rubber on each button was just a coating on the white plastic button underneath. If the rubber coating does anything at all it would be to limit moisture intrusion into the gauge. There may be a light sensor in the gauge somewhere as well.

resurrecting an old thread… has anyone tried the rubber button replacement on the tachs?

I have read that Windex or rubbing alcohol can be used to remove the stickiness... Also haven't tried it yet (don't have that issue--lots of other issues, just not that issue...).

Back