• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rude Awakening

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last night/early this morning about 1:30-2:00, I woke up to a THUD on the bed, it's not unusual because my 3 year old routinely gets out of his room and runs to our room and throws whatever he may be sleeping with onto the bed so he can climb up the side.
After the Thud I looked over and saw a round object on my wife's pillow right beside her head, she never woke up, in my half-asleepedness I thought "Cole must have thrown his foam frisbee up here". I look around the room for him and didn't see him, called his name and he didn't answer, turned the monitor on and see that he is still sleeping in his bed....I was all like, WTF?
So I reach over to get the frisbee and it was the wooden letter decoration thing that I hung up yesterday evening!

It isn't too heavy but enough that it would have knocked a good knot on her head if it would have hit my wife, which after I realized what it was I thought "did she just not wake up, or did it hit her and knock her ass out?" So I used the light from my phone to check her head, she was still breathing and I didn't see any blood so figured she was aight:)

I used those command strips to hang it, I use them for everything I can, but I don't use them for stuff hanging near my kid's beds. I messed up by not removing the hook on the decoration that prevented the command strip from being snug against the wall.

Thought I'd share my story incase anyone else uses those to hang stuff......and no, I did not tell my wife that she almost got knocked in the head by something that I hung up:)
It was within 2 inches from hitting her head, it was laying completely on her pillow, she had her head half off the pillow!

And of course it was the "W" that fell.

image.jpeg

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow I am glad that didn't hit her. Thanks for sharing.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Had something similar happen in my master bedroom. My wife has been on my case to put some "design" into the bedroom. So, I installed a faux wood floor on the ceiling to give it that rustic look. I then put crown molding around it. Well the faux wood was really sticky back vinyl planks and I thought I was smart by adding some liquid nails. Yep......the adhesive held for a month and then in the middle of the night I heard a thump. I figured it was the dog, but when I woke up I saw one plank on the floor and another dangling above my head. The crown molding was the only thing holding it up. My ceilings are 11' in this section of the room, so that would have really sucked to smacked in the dead. Lesson learned, when in doubt, use a nail gun.

2015-10-06 13.41.11.jpg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yikes...Yeah, she wouldn't have been very happy with a bruise/knot on her head....AND she would have had to tell everyone you did it to her. (sorta)

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hopefully you didn't just increase her life insurance, or you may be having a tough time explaining the coincidence.