• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Salt docking at fixed docks

smthng

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Headed to the keys for an extended week and the boat will be at a marina in a slip when we're not out in it. I suspect it'll go through full tidal changes and have to deal with a bit of storm waves at some point, even though it's a relatively sheltered marina. The docks are fixed, not floating. I believe it's set up with a boat on either side of a walkway, with a divider post (or two) between "slots". I suspect I'll back in. Kind of like so...
fn9Jj6s.png

So, what do I need to do to make sure my baby isn't getting rashed against a dock all night long through winds and tide changes? Also interested in thoughts on what to do if there isn't a center post between slots. Most of my docking experience is on floaters or when I'm just parked for lunch... I rarely have to deal with entire tidal cycles.

Maybe the dock will have whips. Otherwise you'll have to cross and use a springline.

image.jpg

Use your fenders in the appropriate places where the pilings are. Run you fenders horizontal do they roll up and down the pilings.

@Murf'n'surf Dude, that's awesome! I'm just going to assume that's what @McMark meant by crosses and springlines. ;)

Any advice if there isn't an accessible post on the other side of the boat?

Just leave that line out of the equation. Just be sure your boat is straight with the dock. Don't angle the bow in at all.
The rear crossing lines will prevent the bow from wandering toward the dock when adjusted properly.

:thumbsup:That's it. Thanks Murf for the graphic

Back