• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Saltwater Flushing Question

Miami_Oh_Yeah!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im planning a trip to the Gulf where I will have an overnight slip for a week. Does it hurt to wait until the end of the week whwn I pull it back out onto the trailer to flush the engines?

Im planning a trip to the Gulf where I will have an overnight slip for a week. Does it hurt to wait until the end of the week whwn I pull it back out onto the trailer to flush the engines?
No problems at all. Just make sure you use a salt neutralizer product when you flush the engines and cleanin the interior. If your trailer is not galvanized dip it in fresh water a few times to rinse the frame and use the same product on the trailer as you put through the engines.

We use Salt Away

also consider flush valves or vise grips on the inbound line from the strainer (before they Y fitting in the engine compartment) to force all your solution through the engine and not lose any out the intake screen at the nozzle,

Back