• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 165 HO engine light

Shane miller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a scarab 165 HO with 40 hours on the clock. Today while driving the check engine light turned on and limited me to 40mph. Zero to full throttle I have normal performance but limits me to 40mph and just over 7000rpm. From start up light isn’t on and I have full performance up to 8000rpm and full speed range. Then light comes on a drops me back to 40mph. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
No code? Hit settings multiple times after the light is on to see if the fault code shows up. (Ignore my other posts about a check engine light with no code... lol, I had one initially when it turned on).

Shane miller

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I went through the menu and it isn’t showing any codes.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
OK, not sure on this one... hopefully someone else can help. This no code thing is infuriating. I know the feeling. I've got the software on order, can't wait to plug into the boat to find out what the light is.

Regardless of code, have you checked your spark plugs? That's an easy thing to do and may show something very quickly. But it would be odd for those to cause the boat to slow down after reaching normal performance.