• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Scarab 195 Having a Good Time

andrei_b

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
S12.jpg
I know a lot of folks post when they have questions or problems, but I thought it'd be nice to just see a post where someone is enjoying the boat without any issues to speak of. ;)

We took our new-to-us Scarab 195 HOI out on the water for the first time the other day. We are located a few minutes from Lake Delavan and a few more minutes from Lake Geneva, which is the bigger lake. In total we spent about 2.5hrs on the water. Loading and unloading is the only area we need more practice on, being that this is our first boat; while we've been out on lakes with other boaters handling the logistics, it's definitely different when it's your boat.

Since it was a weekday and there are 2 lanes for putting in and 2 for taking out, it wasn't busy at all which meant we could take our time and double-check things. The boat did great despite it being a windy day that whipped up the waves a bit. After warming it up and cruising around at 6K rpms we did a few WOT runs. It has no trouble hitting 8K rpms and getting up to speed quickly. That's quite a difference to other boats we've been on.

All around a great day and we're looking forward to more outings as the Summer finally gets underway here in the Midwest.

Yeah, sadly websites tend to attract people with problems. Very few post things like you did. Doesn't matter what brand or even type of product. You have to keep in mind the vast majority of any product (typically) are quite happy. They just don't post about it.

275h on my 165 now. Purrs like a kitten. :)

I'm only at 192hrs but I hope to put 30-40 more this Summer before it's all said and done. I basically have June thru September but a lot will depend on the weather for the days we want to go out. There is quite an avid boating community in my neck of the woods, since we are surrounded by about 5 lakes.

So far so good though, we're happy with it. I plan to do most of my own maintenance but I do have a few service places close-by for larger jobs I can't handle. Luckily a lot of the common problems seem to have been addressed in previous posts, so I plan on not repeating posts on the same topic.

Anchors away!

Back