• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195 pricing (base model?)

Lord Helmet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Hello, all. My wife and I are considering a new Scarab 195 base model and we are wondering what we should expect to pay or what a reasonable price is for the base model. So far I have only been successful in finding information on the Impulse but that is not the model we are looking at purchasing. An apples to apples comparison would be more helpful. The boat we are looking at is a 2014 without the tower and no carpet. I do not believe the boat has any extras on it at all (which suits me just fine). Any information would be greatly appreciated!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Lord Helmet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Interesting. We were quoted $28k and some change for the base. It seemed a little steep to me. I wonder if the price will go up on the '15's. I was looking at an Epic 22sc center console that was priced at 32k. It sold, now they want $44k for the rest of them. Sheesh this is a tough game!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
FYI, unless you really like the Scarab brand, the Yamaha sx190 is 27,499, the AR190 (with tower) is 29,499, but if you're going to spend the money on a 19, I would go the HO route either Scarab or Yamaha.
Yamaha AR192 is 34,299 and THAT is an awesome price for a brand new boat with 215 hp, a tower, and all the Yamaha goodies. I know that can be a stretch on the wallet, so I understand, but a 19 foot jet boat needs that horsepower IMO. Then again, I'm Speedling...

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with Speedling. Do some research. That flats boat is nice, but a completely different type of experience. It looks like your just looking to get into boating, and around here we are partial to Jetboats. For a bigger bang for your buck, go with a used Yamaha. You can get the performance of well equipped Jetboat for around the same or less than the ones you have been looking for. Remember this, rule number one for buying a boat is get the maximum hp rated engine for its size. There are some AR190's out there, some Seadoo 210SP that will fit the bill. The Scarab's are too new to get a good price, and unless your willing to deal with the issues first run models and makes, get something that is tried and true. This community wont steer you wrong. welcome aboard, and Good luck on your search!

FYI, unless you really like the Scarab brand, the Yamaha sx190 is 27,499, the AR190 (with tower) is 29,499, but if you're going to spend the money on a 19, I would go the HO route either Scarab or Yamaha.
Yamaha AR192 is 34,299 and THAT is an awesome price for a brand new boat with 215 hp, a tower, and all the Yamaha goodies. I know that can be a stretch on the wallet, so I understand, but a 19 foot jet boat needs that horsepower IMO. Then again, I'm Speedling...

Lord Helmet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. Yes, we just getting into boating one way or another. I'm looking at jet boats as well as CC bay boats primarily because of where we live. We live on the water (canal community) and the bays around here are very shallow with some areas being only a little more than 2.5' deep. My neighbor works for the coast guard and he has told me that with a jet boat, I wouldn't have to worry about hitting the bottom for obvious reasons but I still need to be concerned with the boat's draft primarily when planing. Most folks in this area have center consoles due to the depth issues and of course their fishability.

I've looked at a few used Sea Doos but none of them I would consider to be in great shape overall. I'd consider a yamaha but they look huge to me and we want something small and maneuverable that doesn't draft too deep.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Lord Helmet

The draft on an AR190 is 14". Im not sure how much that is while moving. The flats boat's engine can be trimmed up, and as long as the water intakes are submerged, you wont have a problem. I personally have a problem with prop boats and new boaters with families. They are extremely dangerous, and will put you in a predicament in the blink of an eye. Plus, the added cost of maintenance on a prop boat is higher than any jet boat. There is alot of information on this site.

Dont be in a hurry, the fall and winter are almost here, and the boat prices will be coming down. You will be able to find a good deal out there.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ls2000
Freakin awesome boat
Google it

Lord Helmet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for all the info, guys. We found a killer deal on a brand new 2014 Tidewater CC with an outboard 4-stroke Yamaha this weekend and we're going to pick it up this week. I decided against the jet boat mostly due to low speed maneuverability since we live in a canal community and I'm a new boater. Thanks again!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Too bad he doesn't realize how maneuverable jet boats really are! I can typically side step in and out of spots that most outdrive guys can't.
Have fun with the boat though! Get on the water is all that matters imo

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll agree that the jet (especially twin jet) is more maneuverable, but that doesn't necessarily translate to "easier" or more "predictable" handling at low speed. An outboard is a solid choice, especially if the boat is going to stay in the water.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'll agree that the jet (especially twin jet) is more maneuverable, but that doesn't necessarily translate to "easier" or more "predictable" handling at low speed. An outboard is a solid choice, especially if the boat is going to stay in the water.
Especially if it's going to be salt water!