• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Run as fast as you can. For the same price you can have one of the new 21ft boats from Yamaha with a ton of options. And you will have a second engine

Would you recommend keeping the boat when it is fixed or run from it? My family and I have lost the season dealing with the Scarab issues.

Bernie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Bernie I am not totally convinced that it is the boat; I convinced that there are some DUMB ASSES out there that sell this product and they don't know how to work on them. We have had Scarab Techs on this forum who are trying to answer questions and I have seen a couple of them who don't know what they are talking about. It's a great boat, you just need the service and support side. I guarantee that the BRP tech at the dealership is brand new with this line.

funbobby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just can't believe the Scarab is such a poor quality boat
36 hours. The only quality issue I have with my boat is the windshield won't maintain alignment. My dealer is great.

Bernie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to hear you are having very little issues with your Scarab. I have been through 2 this past summer and as soon as it is repaired I am selling it. I lost the entire season with this line of boat and BRP telling me parts are on back order . I am upgrading to a Sea Ray. Just wish I had the same luck as you.

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
36 hours. The only quality issue I have with my boat is the windshield won't maintain alignment. My dealer is great.
Same here, 37 hours and all good.

Even the numerous bolts nuts lost in the 1st 10 hours are holding on!

This boat is so good in the waves, way lot better than my friend's sx230.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have had problems with my boat, but the reasons are due to tech's who don't know what they are doing. Good luck with Sea Ray...

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Traded in my Sea Ray and not looking back. Hit 50 hours yesterday and no problems whatsoever mechanically.

Bernie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have had problems with my boat, but the reasons are due to tech's who don't know what they are doing. Good luck with Sea Ray...
Your on to something I agree it might be the techs but I need to get a boat that they can service. Our season is short and to lose the entire summer is a sin. I will update with the outcome of the repair if it finally happens. Good luck with your boat and just wanted to say thanks for all the input.

Bernie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Traded in my Sea Ray and not looking back. Hit 50 hours yesterday and no problems whatsoever mechanically.
There are always good and bad with what ever you buy I just have a bad run on two boats. Good luck with yours.

BMF JK

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sorry to say , but I have 37 hrs on my scarab and loved every second on her this summer ! @Bernie I'm sorry that you had such a horrible experience . Too bad cause these really are great boats !