• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 2015, twin Rotax engine, code help

Meloncholy88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Hi all!
Well my 2015 I accidentally drove in heavy seaweed, burned a hole through the muffler. We welded it back together, it’s now having all these codes ever since then. It runs great, it’s never had an issue since I bought it new. I just had another mechanic shop that had the computer for Rotex hook it up. He was supposed to clear the codes, restart it then see what error codes are left. He didn’t but can anyone give me some insight on these? Engine misfires common, it’s two engines so two error codes at times.. I’m posting it as my mechanic is overwhelmed. Thanks for any help! Melanie

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Definitely a lot of codes! lol Crap. He definitely should clear the codes first. Why didn't he? Some of those are definitely directly related to the weed problem such as the overheated exhaust. The intercooler is likely related too since it uses lake water to cool things down.

Also, are these ACTIVE codes or are they past ones? The system indicates that. The cylinder misfires for example would have nothing to do with the overheating exhaust. those are likely a bad spark plug. When were they last replaced?

O2 sensor is a common problem and likely unrelated as well. Easy fix and cheap. It also won't impact performance at all in this case since it's downstream.