• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 215 Audio questions

Casey_215HO

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just picked up my Scarab 215 HO this summer and I'm loving it! Haven't had much time to poke around the beast but I'm thinking about adding on the tower speakers and got a few questions that I'm hoping someone else can help answer...

I've got the upgraded audio but don't have the tower speakers. Has anyone added the tower speakers?

How hard is it what did you pay for them (factory)?
Are you happy with the sound?
Where are the factory amps located?

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The tower speakers are alright but I wouldn't put the stock kicker speakers in. I would go with something from wet sounds. The amps are underneath in the storage area portside.

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I bought mine with the stock Sony speakers and had them all removed and went Wet sounds all the way around the boat and i love it. The tower speakers can get up there in price. I installed the amps and an extra battery in the door under the passenger console. When i get home tonight I'll snap some pictures of amps and battery placement.
B2.jpg B1.jpg B5.jpg

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Forgive me for the name of the boat, my wife named it.

Casey_215HO

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the info guys love to see the photos! The 215 must have the AMPs somewhere else (or I'm blind) I'm not seeing them under the storage compartment...?

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
My 215 has the amps inside port storage where door is. Right behind stereo.

Casey_215HO

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was thinking in the back under the seats. I'll check it out tonight thanks!

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I didn't keep anything stock. I replaced the headunit with a Kenwood so that i could install the remote on the back deck. 12" JL W7 subwoofer under driverside rear seat, 2 6.5 on the back deck, 4 6.5 in the stock locations, 2 8" tower speakers, 2 10" tower speakers, 3 amplifiers, Oversized battery, all wet wires from Wet sounds.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Eric195 Im so jealous, I made a wet sounds dream cart the other day. I want them so bad

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks, the system sounds amazing. I think the 10" towers could have been overkill.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How was it installing the speakers on the back by the swim platform? I see you can get them as a option on the 2016 models now.

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'll snap you a picture of the backside it's pretty easy to get to them. we saw it on a 215 at the dealership and thought it was a cool feature. Just make sure you line it up before using the hole saw. the boat has plenty of hidden channels to run the wires.