• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SCARAB 215 EXPLAIN BY CHRISTOPHE LAVIGNE FROM SCARAB

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a beautiful boat. Lots of nice features worked into the layout. I'd love to walk through one.

Simon Bedard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I don't want a walk through. ... I want a test drive!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wow....that's a long ride!

Simon Bedard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Wow....that's a long ride!
We always pass a couple of week in islamorada during the month of november.. and now i trying to have my insurance company cover me in the keys, normally I cannot go more South than the New York city port

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Very interesting boat design! I like much of what they have done. It is apparent that they have paid great attention to detail and studied their competition in the jet boat market. I will withhold my thoughts for the time being on what is good and what I think falls short...with this exception. Many of the features that Christophe mentions are "options". That is something that kind of kills the mood a little. Some of those things that are optional, the Yamaha owner is used to be standard equipment, such as a bow filler cushion. I do wish Yamaha would see itself clear to upgrade the vinyl or offer an upgraded vinyl at a respectable price, but they have improved the quality there a good deal. The lines of the boat, the windscreen, the exceptional Scarab quality is great, but the lost space on that size a boat is a question to me. I am sure that the moulds and the exceptional build quality take up room in the boat to piece together. But in comparing to a Yamaha, it seems that the loss of space is apparent. I am only going on the video, but I will go look at this boat and see how it compares. I welcome the boat line into the market and glad it is here, because the market will only get better for the consumer with competition! Congrats on the new boat line and lets hope it is successful, as that will insure that all of these boats get better with time! Thanks for your post Simon!

Simon Bedard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
no Probs txav8r, visit a lot of dealer and made a lot of comparaison before buy mine. I love the finition... and those engines are Wow !!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I did want to find out where in Quebec you are, and if I don't find another location with the boats close by, I would love the opportunity to visit with you about boats in general, and specifically Scarabs entry into the market. I fly into Montreal occasionally and layover there. Are you in Montreal?

Simon Bedard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Nope, home is South shore of Québec City, boat is near Thetford Mines (where the president of Scarab , four winns and glastron is from)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's a comparison video of the 192 and Scarab 195

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Geesh!

Thanks Mr. Glass.
I now see that I have reposted something.