• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 215 shopping

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
wanted to start a new thread so we don't derail the other thread to bad. Can someone merge posts related to me here so we can clean up other thread? Keep new replies here

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Drive the green HOI and loved it, 72,235 msrp sale at 63,433 and 67,960 out door. What would fair offer be? I think I'm a buyer at 57-58, 200hp exact boat is 53k at other dealership.

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@215Larry I am buying a custom 215HO, picking it up Friday. Its a 2016, custom built to have everything the HO Impulse has, just in blue. My dealer is charging 65,800, twin 250s. Waketower, wake balast, etc Sales mgr is very knowledgeable, knows the scarab boats very well, let me testdrive a new 2015 215HO and a 204 yamaha. He even flew up to the favtory in Cadillac, Michigan and took pics of my boat in production. Very cool! He has kept me posted of its progress the whole time. He let me know when it passed initial QC inspe tion and then when it passed mech. testing and inspection. It was passed yesterday and is heaced to dealership now. Whenhe gets it he needs a couple days to install seadek, gps, boat name graphic, etc. Charleston Powersports has exceeded all expectations. Sea trial on friday morning. Thats customer service!
thats out the door price, including galv. tandem axle trailer.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could get a 24' Yamaha limited S for that price.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Think'in about moving up to the Scarab 215 or the Yamaha 242 Limited S. I went to do an "eyes on" the 242 and the dealer hear in Panama City, FL sold every boat they had except for a 240. What!? I may have to make a trip to Destin or Pensacola. Marine Max had a 2014 215 HO for $60,000. Not sure if they have sold it yet..

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
2015 HOI. 70 msrp. Asking 57,600. Thinking about pull

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Slugger55 , avoid Marine Max if possible in every way. There is no 2014 Scarab 215 on earth that is worth 60k, you can buy a nicely loaded 2015 215 HO with 200hp motors for mid 40's on a tandem trailer. There is a 2015 215 HOI green fully loaded with every option for $56,600 or same boat with 200hp motors for $53,900 asking price at another dealership. Don't let anyone screw you because nothing sucks more than having something you paid way to much for and can't enjoy because you were ripped off.

@Pinhacker71 if that boat has 250 hp motors haggle 1-2k off price and enjoy. Sounds like close to a 250hp boat I know of with a 72k msrp and dealership is almost where you are. Remember everyone there is a HUGE markup on boats and this is the time of year to get best deals because anything they don't sell by first week of August they will sit on till next year. Make them offers so low that you'll be embarrassed to say what you paid for your boat lol. They need and want to sell your boat way more than you want or need it so make them work at selling you.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
It has the 250hp engines. That was my plan. Looked at it the other day. Waiting for them to follow up with me. Left at closing time Saturday so I figure I will hear from them Monday. Gonna lowball and see what they come back with.

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
North Texas Marine in FT Worth blows these boats out quick. Call Mike if anyone is ready to buy or wants to order one custom. He has been the best straight to the point no time wasting BS person I've dealt with since the beginning. My local Marine Max guy has been full of sales shenanigans , gimmicks and way out of touch with his pricing but blames everything on his manager. They prey on the uneducated impulse buyer with more money or credit then sense to buy on the spot. I think buyers are to smart for that in this day and age and that's why Marine Max is sitting on a bunch of brand new two year old boats.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Slugger55 , avoid Marine Max if possible in every way. There is no 2014 Scarab 215 on earth that is worth 60k, you can buy a nicely loaded 2015 215 HO with 200hp motors for mid 40's on a tandem trailer. There is a 2015 215 HOI green fully loaded with every option for $56,600 or same boat with 200hp motors for $53,900 asking price at another dealership. Don't let anyone screw you because nothing sucks more than having something you paid way to much for and can't enjoy because you were ripped off.

@Pinhacker71 if that boat has 250 hp motors haggle 1-2k off price and enjoy. Sounds like close to a 250hp boat I know of with a 72k msrp and dealership is almost where you are. Remember everyone there is a HUGE markup on boats and this is the time of year to get best deals because anything they don't sell by first week of August they will sit on till next year. Make them offers so low that you'll be embarrassed to say what you paid for your boat lol. They need and want to sell your boat way more than you want or need it so make them work at selling you.
@215Larry Totally Agree! I don't like that particular boat and I am not a MarineMax fan. I will shop around and see who's ready to deal... Thanks for your input.